Which bible character do you hate the most?

by Bonsai 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Pistoff:

This is easy for me: David. Everywhere David goes, people die or are violated.

When I read the topic, I wasn't certain who I hated the most, but I immediately thought to myself that "David is claerly my FAVORITE!.

You have the horny old guy knocking up sweet looking Bathsheba, (not to mention knocking off her hubby), the census thing, and so it goes, YET -- David is considered on of Jehovah's most loyal "friends" and is blessed repeatedly by Jehovah.

David's example always gave me reassurance that I WAS OK -- NO MATTER WHAT "SIN" I HAD COMMITTED, I WASN'T AS BAD AS GOOD OLE KING DAVID.

Doc

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

@ the op: did you mean writer or character? Regarding Paul, I agree. For some reason, even when I read the bible for the first time, I got bad vibes from letters ascribed to Paul.

• Simon
    Simon

I love when people make Bible moves - nothing highlights how utterly unbelievable and moronic the stories are than having someone act it out. Watch the trailer - even one guy overpowering 6 or 7 is laughable (unless it's Bruce Lee, that shit is totally real, m-kay?) never mind thousands.

BTW: You can judge a persons age by whether they see Victor Mature when they hear the name Samson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsCaI_6ElVw

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Pinehas, son of Eleazar who went into the tent where two lovers (an israelit and a foreign woman) had a rendevous and pierced the pair with his spear.

7When Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he arose from the midst of the congregation and took a spear in his hand, 8and he went after the man of Israel into the tent and pierced both of them through, the man of Israel and the woman, through the body. So the plague on the sons of Israel was checked.…
  • prologos
    prologos

stuckinarut2
    8 hours ago

Many...but let's start with Lot!

A supposed "man of faith" to imitate, offered his two virgin daughters to a sex mad, raping mob. Then has sex with his 2 [virgin] daughters himself

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Pinehas, son of Eleazar who went into the tent where two lovers (an israelit and a foreign woman) had a rendevous and pierced the pair with his spear.

7When Phinehas the son of Eleazar, the son of Aaron the priest, saw it, he arose from the midst of the congregation and took a spear in his hand, 8and he went after the man of Israel into the tent and pierced both of them through, the man of Israel and the woman, through the body. So the plague on the sons of Israel was checked.…

Oh yes that Phinehas, the one named after the fabulous fury freak brother...killed a guy for marrying a Midianite gaining that idiot Moses approval - you know, the moses married to a midianite women!

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

As in the case of David, God and his Law was severe with poor fellas (especially women), but very loose with favored kings and patriarchs..

That explains quite well the way eldurrs today treat "their" congregations, doesn't it?

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Thanks for sharing everyone! So hard to choose which writer or character you hate the most as there are so many to dislike!

I've gotten to the point where whenever I try to pick up the bible I get a headache. The whole bible itself just irritates me in so many ways. Paradoxically, I'm in awe of it for its antiquity, yet loathe it for all the confusion, pain and suffering that it's ambiguous contents have caused mankind.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Hate, no.

Dislike: Jonah. He reminds me of the GB. Their heads would explode if people appealed wholeheartedly directly to Christ and God didn't destroy them.

Next, on my dislike chart is Noah. Gets all drunk, romps about naked, and has the gall to curse his grandson.

Lastly, Paul. Whining about being in chains. Er yeah, you're a murderer. No different than guys in prison today for murder who "find Jesus" and then preach to others. Stop whining.

• Lieu
    Lieu
    David, I give a pass. Guy was a sheep herder who was made king. It not like he was raised to be one. Plus, every time Solomon is mentioned, where David is concerned, it is always "by the wife of Uriah". Uriah is never forgotten. Knife twist to David.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit