Which bible character do you hate the most?

by Bonsai 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• antes8080
    antes8080

I hate them all.

But all choose Moses, he left Egypt were he had a good life. Then he talks to god, and goes back to Egypt. He ends up telling the Egyptians they were going to loose there first born son. He was okay with that, at that point he should of known jah was crazy.

He takes shit from the Israelites for forty years. Just because one time he forgets to mention jah when he hits a rock for water. Jah so lovingly tells him he was not going to make it to the promise land. He should of told him to F off and go on his way. He was gutless and a pushover.

• Simon
    Simon
    God - never helping but always waiting for you to fail at something so he can jump out and say "ah hah!!" ... and smite you.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Jesus, this invented character led people to believe that he was the son of God and came to bring salvation and peace to mankind. Instead more people have died because of his name then any other character, man, or God. Millions upon millions of believers and their non believing victims.
  • Divergent
    Divergent

Agreed. Like what happened in 1 Kings 13: 11 - 24. What the heck was that all about???

11 There was a certain old prophet dwelling in Bethʹel, and his sons came home and related to him all the things that the man of the true God had done that day in Bethʹel and the words he had spoken to the king. After they related this to their father,12 their father asked them: “Which way did he go?” So his sons showed him the way that the man of the true God from Judah had gone. their father asked them: “Which way did he go?” So his sons showed him the way that the man of the true God from Judah had gone. 13 He now said to his sons: “Saddle the donkey for me.” They saddled the donkey for him, and he mounted it.He now said to his sons: “Saddle the donkey for me.” They saddled the donkey for him, and he mounted it.
    14 He followed the man of the true God and found him sitting under a big tree. Then he said to him: “Are you the man of the true God who came from Judah?” He replied: “I am.” 15 He said to him: “Come home with me and eat bread.” He said to him: “Come home with me and eat bread.” 16 But he said: “I cannot go back with you or accept your invitation, nor may I eat bread or drink water with you in this place. But he said: “I cannot go back with you or accept your invitation, nor may I eat bread or drink water with you in this place. 17 For I was told by the word of Jehovah, ‘You must not eat bread or drink water there. You must not return by the way you came.’”For I was told by the word of Jehovah, ‘You must not eat bread or drink water there. You must not return by the way you came.’”18 At this he said to him: “I too am a prophet like you, and an angel told me by the word of Jehovah, ‘Have him come back with you to your house so that he may eat bread and drink water.’” (He deceived him.) 19 So he went back with him to eat bread and drink water in his house.So he went back with him to eat bread and drink water in his house.
    20 While they were sitting at the table, the word of Jehovah came to the prophet who had brought him back, 21 and he called out to the man of the true God from Judah, saying, “This is what Jehovah says: ‘Because you rebelled against the order of Jehovah and did not keep the commandment that Jehovah your God gave you, and he called out to the man of the true God from Judah, saying, “This is what Jehovah says: ‘Because you rebelled against the order of Jehovah and did not keep the commandment that Jehovah your God gave you, 22 but you went back to eat bread and drink water in the place about which you were told, “Do not eat bread or drink water,” your dead body will not come into the tomb of your forefathers.’” 23 After the man of the true God ate bread and drank, the old prophet saddled the donkey for the prophet whom he had brought back. 24 Then he got on his way, but a lion came across him on the road and killed him. His dead body was thrown onto the road, and the donkey stood beside it; the lion was also standing beside the dead body.

So a prophet of God deceived another prophet who trusted this prophet because he was a prophet and God punishes the poor prophet for being deceived by another prophet of God??? This shit is unbelievable!

Assholes in the story: Old prophet, God

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    Laban the little lying manipulative ..
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Why hate fictional characters?
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

The guy who forced his sex slave (concubine) to return home with him after she ran off and left him. He wined and dined with her father, then set off on the journey home. Along the way, he stopped over night. The locals wanted his ass (literally) and instead he gives his sex slave to them to do whatever it is that they want to her. She crawls back to the door of where he is staying after being repeatedly raped and violated. He gets up, opens the door and tells her to get up as they are continuing on their journey. Shock of shocks she is dead. He then decides to further violate her by dismembering her corpse and sending the pieces to the various tribes of Israel.

Nice guy-no wonder she ran away from him. Life with him must have been unbearable. She knew him to be the pig he was.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

There were a lot of very unappealing bible characters, now that I am thinking about it.

Samson was always confusing- when I was a child hearing bible stories, he was so mean and arrogant, and was viciously cruel to animals. It was hard to see how and why he had God's blessing.

Abraham was scary too, knowing that he could tie his young son up and then stab him to death.

Lot.. Getting drunk?? I guess after losing your home and all your possessions and then seeing your wife turn into a pillar of salt.... But then having sex with both daughters? And this was a righteous, faithful man of God?? Well, I guess since there weren't other witnesses around (at least two), then it was okay.....

And yes, Paul. Still very much the Pharisee... He made sure to tell all about his trials and righteousness and self-sacrifice, but then saying how miserable and wretched he was as a sinner. Sort of like the GB today... being sure to be in the limelight and listing all their good deeds and hardships, yet how humble and discreet they must be and are, and how they are only human and imperfect too, yet everybody must obey them & agree with everything they say or face severe repercussions and total loss of family and friends. Forever. And also die a horrible death at Armageddon.

I also thought that Pharaoh of Egypt was a pretty stupid guy. I mean, all those plagues (supposedly) and he still refused to grant Moses' request to go out into the wilderness to sacrifice to their God. (At that point, Moses wasn't even telling Pharaoh that they were going to leave Egypt, he only told Pharaoh to let them into the desert to offer sacrifices to the great Jah...)

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    And Jehovah, letting all those things happen to Job, one of his most faithful, devoted worshippers. Just to prove something to Satan. And showing how, just like the bOrg today, people are replaceable, they don't really matter personally, it's all about numbers.
  • Syme
    Syme

Jacob: he deceived not only his brother, but also his father, taking advantage of his blindness. He deceived a disabled person, in other words. Remember in Deuteronomy the verse "cursed is he who makes a blind man go astray from his way?". The interesting thing is, Jehovah did not curse him or punish him, but instead blessed him. As in the case of David, God and his Law was severe with poor fellas (especially women), but very loose with favored kings and patriarchs..

Prophet Elijah who 'ordered' the killing of some 30 children because they called him "bald" (he *was* bald). Their killing by wild bears, no less. I wonder, did he leave the scene or sit to watch the spectacle?

Jonah: he hated it when the populous city of Nineveh was spared, instead of being annihilated, as he wished. Ring any bells? Remind you of some people who are more than eager to see the whole "bad word" being consumed by fire in Armageddon, and hate it when some "worldly" ones prove to not-so-bad-persons after all?

Noah: first he gets drunk (no problem here), but then proceeds to curse his son because he saw him naked while trying to tend to him, in his miserable state? Oh wait, not his son: he curses his son's son, Canaan, who had nothing to do with the incident. Guess he hadn't sobered up before entering "prophecy mode".

Of course, all of these tales are just myth, as are myth other unbelievable atrocities of God and his People, like the genocide of the Canaanites. However, it tells us something that, even though they are myth, there are people today who endorse and condone those acts, and teach them to their kids, while claiming themselves to be most peaceful and innocent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit