Which bible character do you hate the most?

by Bonsai 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Evan as a JW I thought David was a disgusting individual. He got away with things that others would be killed for. I never understood why the JWs revere that idiot so much.

But then again, I'm no longer sure which characters in the bible are fiction or based on real people.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

As others have said. . .David. Just got in a pretty heated discussion in the last week about that bone-head. He whines like a spoiled baby wanting a drink of water, then when his men go get it for him he pours it out and refuses to drink it. And that is held up as a good example? What in the frigging hell did he think his men were going to do when he whined about that well water? Just sit on their thumbs? He was supposed to be the king, wasn't he?

Reminds me so much of the eldurrs these days. Self-entitled pr--ks!

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Hate is a foreign word to me. I hate what is bad as soon as I can figure out what that is?! LOL.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Like Morpehus i kind of have a problem with the Old Testament Jehover.

The Rebel.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The god of the ancient Hebrews Yahweh, the most murderous genocidal god of the ancient world.

Of course this god just one of many gods imagined by the ancients but wow.

I can understand why the Hebrews made their god the mightiness being that there was competition between separate civilizations gods that was apparent.

Ironically people today 3000 years later still fear this god.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I hate the Governing body. they're in the Bible, right? (Ahem...coff coff).
  • sir82
    sir82
    I always thought Ezra was just a scolding, nagging jerk. And that's based on what he wrote about himself! I wonder what others thought of him.
  • Simon
    Simon

Any of the psychopaths in the OT that are held up as "spiritual examples" despite offering to kill their own children or anyone else who dares cross them. The worst one being Jehovah himself. He just fills pages smiting the wrong people or creatures for things they didn't do or he couldn't figure out (not a good track record for an all seeing, all knowing, prescient god).

The NT is just some hippy's drug trip about how great the world would be if everyone loved each other. Then the suits arrive and make it into a corporation before it ends with someone taking hallucinogenics.

Not a great book, most of the characters are one-dimensional caricatures and poorly written.

Aesop had better characters in his fables.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i dunno about disliking any bible guys--but the one i do like is Superman----he can fly--how cool is that !! does it mean he's an angel ?

but poor old batman cant fly--no wonder he looks so miserable.

• Divergent
    Divergent
    Jonah was another asshole. He preached a message of judgement to the Ninevites, and the result was that they actually repented & turned back from their bad ways. But this was "highly displeasing" to Jonah & he was actually angry that God did not destroy them! What a prick this guy was!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit