TV and the Media

by punkofnice 33 Replies latest jw friends

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

To be a kingdom malady it needs 5#s and be in 5/8 time. Any harmony or poetry will be changed

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I've seen it 1st hand where the local rag told blatant lies. A guy got arrested for supplying drugs. They said the value was worth so many thousand £'s. If you knew the guy, you'd know he hadn't got access to that sort of money ever. Not to buy and not to sell. they said it's what the Police reported.

So, either the Police lied (which I totally believe. We all know that here in the UK the police steal valuables from the evidence locker), or the reporters made the value up to get readers. Also believable.

The Press and the Police, both very corrupt organisations.

They just tell blatant lies for sensationalism. It's like click-bait.

I have boycotted the local rag and will tell others to do the same. I've met some of the reporters, they're middle class, snooty narcissists. I hope nasty things happen to them involving genitals and fleas.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

I was going to be a journalist. I did work experience with the local rag. They asked me to write up the sightings of some men covered in china clay dust as a ghost story. When I queried this (because it was a pack of lies) I was laughed at and scorned. For that reason I felt journalism was not for me as I am not a liar.

Later I got to know some journalists and I told one of them that I had wanted to a journalist. He told me I didn't drink enough to be a journalist. He wrote up stuff for the Daily Mail plus plenty of others.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    roady - Any harmony or poetry will be changed

Any harmony or poetry will be obliterated.

Weren't those songs beyond depressing?! As awful as a day in Wolverhampton.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    AM - He told me I didn't drink enough to be a journalist.

He probably meant, sniff enough powder.

• Smiles
    Smiles

"Media is just a word that has come to mean bad journalism."

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Punk - no not that one. He was very, very anti drugs. What I did notice was that a lot of these media people were into astrology, spiritism and homosexuality. Not all, but there was a very strong influence of that stuff. And people weren't that fussed about extra-marital affairs.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

I have been interviewed many times for the media - print- TV and radio. TV was straight-forward and no room for editing since they were live.

Print is different. You get interviewed. The reporter goes away and writes the story. The editor edits it and when approved it gets printed.

Almost every time there were errors. But they were small errors; a year, an age, minor details about what happened. But they were always minor errors that did absolutely nothing to change the story and what really happened. I wasn't thrilled with the errors but it really was too late to change them and in the end if something happened in 1965 or 1966 it really didn't change WHAT happened.

Maybe I was lucky. Maybe Canadian journalists strive to follow the Code of Ethics more than they do elsewhere.

punkofnice mentioned police corruption. I had a talk with a police officer yesterday on a matter I am dealing with. He admitted that there are "some" bad police officers. But for the most part they try to do their jobs the best they can in spite of the bad press they get.

Over the years I have had many opportunities to talk to the police. They have always been kind, helpful and offered both emotional support as well as dealt with the problem. I have never met a bad cop, okay once On Montreal when 1 cop wanted to give me a ticket for riding my wheelchair on the correct side of the road. He insisted I was on the wrong side and refused to check the Code.

But I have had close experiences with the police since I was a child, a young child victim and they have always been kind and respectful. Granted I am a white female and mostly been the victim or reporting crimes committed by others. I probably won't meet one of the bad ones. And if I had I might be a lot more jaded.

But the truth is that every single profession has bad apples. People who get into it for the wrong reasons. Or get burnt out and don't get help so they become jaded and act out.

I don't think we support them enough or pay them enough for what they do for us.

Meanwhile we pay athletes and actors exorbitant amounts of money to entertain us.

Just where are our priorities?

I think working together would be more beneficial than working against one another regardless of the profession.

• Judgerussellford
    Judgerussellford

People at work don't even talk anymore hardly unless its us smokers outside. Everyone else is stuck in their stupid phones all the time its insane. Have you ever watched someone watch thier phone or a tv/computer? They're the most timid zombies we'll ever face. Its mesmerizing and creepy. I could do without, but then... stuff like this

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    AM - What I did notice was that a lot of these media people were into astrology, spiritism and homosexuality.

That is quite amusing.

Smiles - Media is just a word that has come to mean bad journalism

Agreed. Snotty little turds telling lies.

Lee - I have visited Canada (Ontario), a couple of times. I can't speak for the Police there. On the whole I found the Canadian people polite. I'm speaking of the UK Police that are nothing but bullies and a disgusting cesspit of vile practice with cover up. EG. Sarah Everard's case!!!!!! To mention but one of the terrible things UK pigs do.

I know of 1 guy that specifically joined the Police so he could use his uniform to bully and steal. I DO NOT TRUST THE UK POLICE! To that end I won't support them. I'm sure there are good cops but I've never met a copper that wasn't corrupt, here in the UK.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit