TV and the Media

by punkofnice 33 Replies latest jw friends

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    The big question : do you really think the media just started to manipulate the story?
  • road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The editors steer it big time. Stories buried or deleted. And it seemed to start bigtime with O.

• shadowclone
    shadowclone

Ok, if not for the media how much would you know about anything going on in the world? Yes, a lot of it is biased but where else are you going to be informed?

• Smiles
    Smiles

We can learn from real journalism, not agenda media.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

We learn from what we personally experience.

And some don't even learn from their own experience.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

You're probably right, Punk.

I stopped paying the TV license in Sept 2012, when I first went to uni. And I've never paid it since. I don't watch telly because a lot of it is shit - I don't even own a TV. Apart from nature programs and live sport, it's pretty much crap.

I love film, so a few years ago I bought myself a DVD player for £79. I now own about 200 movies on DVD, plus stuff like Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers and Twin Peaks. I also own Walking With Dinosaurs, The Blue Planet and Planet Earth II ... all on DVD.

I don't miss watching telly one bit.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

PS - you have a point about media bias, too.

If a person didn't know anything about Britain and watched the BBC (our national broadcaster), that person might conclude that about a third of our population was black, with another 20% gay, and that there was a nice cosy consensus that trans women are women.

None of this is true, of course - Britain is a white-majority country, approx. 3% of the population is gay, and there is currently no consensus that trans women are women.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

You might even imagine a pandemic had taken place but I never once heard an ambulance siren. Ok once or twice but generally, no. Very quiet.

I suppose the definition of pandemic could have been changed, to mean...???????

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

All hail the Neworldordereptilianuminati!!!

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Is that a new Kingdom Melody?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit