I WENT TO THE MEETING LAST NIGHT!!

by Mary 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Well, we had the CO visit last night and some friends "encouraged" me to go. I really didn't feel like it, but I wanted to see if there was any "new light" on the pedophile problem, so I went.

Not a word mentioned about any internal problems; however, the Borg now apparently wants us to dupe people into having a bible study without even knowing it. We were told that we were probably "scaring" people away by coming out and offering them a home bible study. Then, the entire congregation was also given shit for not offering a home bible study at every single door they went to (yes, you read this right.........apparently I was the only one who noticed the discrepancy).

The "new light" says that we should call on people with the Knowledge book, tell them that you want to "share a couple of thoughts with them" from the book, stand there for 5 - 10 minutes and guess what? "You've just had yourself a bible study brothers, and the person you're calling on doesn't even know it!" Then, you're supposed to TELL the person (forget being polite and "ask them") that you'll be back next week to discuss some more thoughts. You've then got yourself a regular bible study.

I couldn't believe that they actually expect people to try this approach...........shows how frigging desperate they must be getting when they purposely tell you "don't tell the person it's a bible study......it'll scare them."

And to top it all of, the CO went 20 minutes overtime, which really pissed me off. It'll be a long time before I am dumb enough to do that again!!

• greven
    greven

This will, no doubt increase the number of biblestudies worldwide. What a witness to Jah, when you have to resort to trickery to boost the numbers! Remember 15 min. rule? Same tactic!

Greven

• Will Power
    Will Power

This seems to be something that was predicted in a thread not too far back. Compliments the 15 min thing.

All these "adjustments" to blurr the drop in members with increased pubs, times, now bible studies & return calls.

Egad - have they no conscience?

will power - to hold my tongue.

• Austrian
    Austrian

I hate when the CO would go overtime. Especially on Sunday morning during football season....

The NFL or Bible crap which would I prefer....

• undercover
    undercover
    ....we should call on people with the Knowledge book, tell them that you want to "share a couple of thoughts with them" from the book, stand there for 5 - 10 minutes and guess what? "You've just had yourself a bible study brothers, and the person you're calling on doesn't even know it!"

That's not really so new. I remember three or four years ago the CO came thru and gave the same information. I remember because I had the same reaction that you had and I was still in at that point. I remember thinking, this is kinda underhanded. Why can't we be up front with our message and our intent? It's not like they don't know we are there to try to convert them.

• Sirona
    Sirona

So this happens:

Dubbie: Hello, we're calling to talk to people today about the terrible wars that are going on. Wouldn't you like to see them stopped?

Confused 19 yr old male with a blinding hang-over (its Saturday at 11am): Erm...yeah.

Dubbie: Yes! That is why its so good that Jehovah says the wars are going to stop. He is going to act soon to bring an end to them.

Confused guy: Oh, OK.

Dubbie: Just see what it says here ....(whips out the bible and reads the text about no more suffering)

Confused guy blinks confusedly.

Dubbie: and this book helps you understand better when it says (reads paragraph).

Confused guy blinks confusedly.

Dubbie: Anyway, I will call again when I'm in the area and we can maybe have another 5 minutes discussion on it.

Dubbie goes to the car and says "Guess what Colombard!? I've got a bible study!! The young man was SO interested. Isn't that GREAT? Get me the bible study slip NOW."

The confused guy goes inside. His sister asks him who it was at the door. He says "Dunno, some rep for a new politician called J Hoover or something - some anti-war guy. It sounded like a pile of bullshit to me. You answer the F**king door from now on".

• Dansk
    Dansk

Mary,

I wouldn't give the Dubs the benefit EVER AGAIN of my presence. Each time someone goes back it increases their numbers. I won't be party to helping them put such figures in their crap Beerbooks, Clocktowers and Kingdom Miseries. The more who STAY AWAY the better.

Dansk

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Stealth Bookstudies... jeez they must be getting desperate. If the WTS was run like a normal corporation the Service department would have been all fired years ago.

• unique1
    unique1

Sirona - FUNNY!! LOL!

Usually the drunk guys will try to hit on young sisters. Or just invite you in to drink with them. I was so tempted to join them in the drinking a few times.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Unique,

I was always running into GORGEOUS "worldly" guys. Sometimes they'd flirt with me and I'd go back on a "return visit" with butterflies in my tummy. One looked just like Rob Lowe.... trouble was, his mum answered 2nd time round.

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit