Immigration is not what you think it is...for a reason

by TerryWalstrom 36 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

“ethnic cleansing” – such as the Rohingya from Myanmar or the Muslims in Syria - ah yes.

With the Rohingya, the MSM is only giving us one side. Dig around and you'll discover that the Rohingya are ethnic Bangladeshi Muslims who won't integrate into Myanmar society. No doubt their great-grand parents fled Bangladesh for genuine reasons - probably overpopulation - but they entered Myanmar uninvited it seems. It's certainly bad that little Rohingya children are suffering for the forced repatriation but like I said, there are two sides to this story. Some Rohingya men are Islamists and there have been cases of Buddhist monks being beheaded ... in a Buddhist country ... best sweep that one under the carpet, eh?

The situation is bad in Syria, too, and a lot of the acts of the Assad regime deserve to be condemned.

There are appeals on FaceBook for money for food, water and clothing for Syrian people. But they actually had food, water and clothing, plus a lot more such as schooling, under Assad. The sad truth is they would've been in a better position under Assad than they are today. FYI, there was no ethnic cleansing in Syria under Assad - that happened after the uprising, and it was done by Sunni rebels against Christians, Druze and Alawites.

However we are conditioned not to think like this, but instead to think that all refugees, and indeed all Muslims, are sweet, innocent, oppressed and have no responsibilities of their own. Well, it won't wash with me.

am totally sympathetic to those refugees who are in genuine need - agreed, and action should be taken to help them ... but I'm sorry, even genuine refugees don't have the automatic right to come to my country.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Our personal belief on the definition of what an "immigrant" is has no bearing in the eyes of codified statutes. When reading statute a definition of words is often provided.

In addition, leaving an impoverished, war torn, corrupt, violent country to come to the US illegally to make a better life for you and you family is not a defense to prosecution.

If a down on his luck man robs a bank to provide for his kids, the children don't get to keep the bank's money after he is arrest.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/12/woman-finds-ex-boyfriend-living-attic-12-years-after-break-up-_n_1876759.html

_____
    This story is linked only for one reason.
    The amount of time spent in another person's house (after sneaking in) has ZERO to do with whether this intruder should be arrested.

• SAHS
    SAHS

TO resolute Bandicoot:

Thank you for your pic (at the bottom of page 3 herein) outlining the history of Muslim aggression preceding the Christian crusades beginning in 1095 A.D. Your point is well taken.

My point is that the current Muslim refugee crisis in Myanmar and Syria is one of general humanitarian consideration, regardless of any old historical events. The Muslim, as well as the Mexican, refugees are ordinary people – men, women, and children – who are simply trying to escape their own personal “shitholes” in the countries of their recent origin. These refugees should be considered for emergency refuge on a case-by-case basis. I.e., these people who are holding a machine gun in their hands versus holding a baby in their arms should be considered accordingly, based on humanitarian merit as well as risk assessment.

At the end of the day, it is our responsibility toward compassion and ultruism which defines us and distinguishes us as people of character.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

SAHS, You are not alone in feeling compassion for those in Myanmar or Syria whose lives have been destroyed by the ravages of war, it is very disturbing to me also. So many people that have no hope of living a normal life from here on. Mohammad taught that anything that helps the spread of islam is good, even a high body count of muslims if this builds compassion in the enemy and makes for concessions that can be exploited.

Should we accept refugees? The left and all the no borders crowd want to bring them all in and most normal folk have had their reasoning ability anesthetised by the combined dogmas of multiculturalism and political correctness, these evil dogmas work like the aids virus in destroying a cultures immune system. Just have a look (outside of the mainstream media) at what is happening in Germany, Sweden, France etc. etc. They are doomed to creeping islamisation and short of an ugly civil war and soon, they are lost, no joke, do some research on this!

It is interesting to note that the rich Gulf States e.g. Saudi, Qatar, UAE have not taken any Syrians, why is that do you think?

The whole Syrian conflict can be traced back to the Sunnis being conned into being a proxy army by the Globalist Cartel (Traveling Merchant??) to Topple Assad so that a gas pipeline could be laid from Qatar through Syria into Turkey, to compete with Russian gas that now supplies Europe.

If we accept any refugees they should be the Christians and Yazidis as these have a hope of integrating and contributing.

Oh look that is John McCain in a meeting with Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Have you ever known a real-life CAT LADY?

Therein lurks a juicy analogy if ever I've seen one.
    Somewhere between compassion and madness is a thought process hijacked by neurosis.

It starts with just one cat and a lot of mercy.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Immigration is fine if it is controlled and the people want to assimilate. You can't just open the front door with a sign that says "take whatever you want". If you look at the chaos in Europe right now you can see that disaster is upon them. Islam has a terrible agenda and they want Sharia law. The governments in Mexico and El Salvadore are corrupt and yes it's bad but there's a reason why it's the way it is. People bring their culture with them and it's not always tasty food and music.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit