I COLLECT QUOTES. . . Here are some of my favorites

by Terry 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

On the topic of worrying about the future and crossing bridges before you come to them....

“I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.”

-Mark Twain

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Left is hot; right is cold,

Poop runs downhill, and payday is on Friday.

- the plumbers' training manual

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

'Not everyone you fight is your enemy, not everyone that helps you is your friend'.

'Assumption is the mother of all cock-ups'.

• zeb
    zeb

"Always beware of the hun in the sun"... spitfire pilot in the battle of Britain.

"if you have enemies good; it means you have stood for something"-- Churchill.

• zeb
    zeb

Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and im not sure about the universe"... Einstein.

The Japanese will never take Singapore" British high command WW II

"You will never be an actor Guinness" The English master to his pupil Alec Guinness.

"Never give up! Never give up! "-- Churchill.

• corruptgirl
    corruptgirl

Terry I loved All your quotes, all so true....here's a few I like...

Don't tell people your plans, show them your results.

I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept. -Dr.Angela Davis

Never allow waiting to become a habit. Live your dreams and take risks. Life is happening now.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not here the music. Friedrich Nietzsche

• Zana
    Zana

Twitch wrote:

I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain
    Yeah, Dune, one of my favorite books! I've been re-reading the first three books of the Dune series, this time concentrating more on politics and religion instead of plot and character development. Combined with my new awareness of JW and XJW themes I give you the following quotes from "Children of Dune":

To suspect your own mortality is to know the beginning of terror; to learn irrefutably that you are mortal is to know the end of terror.

I realize humans cannot bear very much reality. Most lives are a flight from selfhood. Most prefer the truths of the stable. You stick your head into the stanchions and munch contentedly until you die. Others use you for their purposes. Not once do you live outside the stable to lift you head and be your own creature.

And the last one seems to be known among the GB members because they handle these possible threats to their leadership quite well:

A large populace held in check by a small but powerful force is quite a common situation in our universe. And we know the major conditions wherein this large populace may turn upon its keepers: 1) When they find a leader. This is the most volatile threat to the powerful; they must retain control of leaders. 2) When the populace recognizes its chains. Keep the populace blind and unquestioning. 3) When the populace perceives a hope of escape from bondage. They must never even believe that escape is possible!

• moley
    moley
    You're damned if you do and damned if you don't
  • aubergine
    aubergine

The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.

Steven King

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Pull your pants down before you poop.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit