I COLLECT QUOTES. . . Here are some of my favorites

by Terry 84 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Religion is a snare and a racket - Some drunken cult leader
  • HBH
    HBH

The best things in life aren't things.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

• closed
    closed

I am dyslexic Satanist. I believe in drivel.

God has no religion.

More happiness is from giving than receiving.

Do others what you want them to do to you.

• Heartsafire
    Heartsafire

Great thread, Terry. Thanks for the quotes everyone. Ive smiled a lot today, and it's only morning, so I'm off to a good start. Here's a couple:

Good Morning, I see the assassins have failed.

-the Internet

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.

-Marie Antoinette

• Terry
    Terry
    GREAT QUOTES viewed with JW's in mind
    Jehovah’s witnesses stop growing, improving, learning when they accept the Watchtower’s misnamed ‘Truth.’ Lost souls waiting at a bus stop for a bus that never comes; all the great things they could have done, people they could have helped, productive lives they could have led are suffocated by standing there waiting for Armageddon to solve every problem for them.
    • The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed. — Ernest Hemingway
    • The most dangerous man is the man able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost invariably he comes to the conclusion that the authority he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And if he is not romantic personally, he is apt to spread discontent among those who are. ― HL Mencken
    "If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question".
  • Incognito
    Incognito
    Most of us come equipped with 2 ears and only 1 mouth, so that implies we should listen twice as much as we speak.
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

"You are who you eat"

Rub a Dub

• sparky1
    sparky1

"The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds." - R. D. LAING

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

“I suppose it is the nature of things that, as one ages, one is obliged to witness the gradual loss of all that one has ever cared for until the laggard self slips into what is, at the end, an altogether commonplace and so common darkness.”

From 1876 by Gore Vidal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit