• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    My grandma said, "I'd sooner have a slap in the face than be told a lie."
  • Freeandclear
    Freeandclear
    Wherever you go.....there you are.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Give a monkey control of its environment it will fill the world with bananas. Dr Who Patrick Troughton ‘The Two Doctors’

• jhine
    jhine

Love that , Wild_ Thing .

Two more from C S Lewis

" You are never too old to set another goal or dream another dream "

" Children are not a distraction from more important work . They are the most important work "

Jan

• The freewheeling
    The freewheeling
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

a friend with weed is a friend indeed

There once was a man from Nantucket....

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

A brave man is not the one who fears nothing, but the one who has courage to face his fears.

People who live to own meaningless stuff die with a lot of meaningless stuff.

Learn how to share and share what you learn.

You can learn as much from a bad decision as a good one.

Pacifism is fine in a utopia, the problem is your enemies don't give a rat's ass about your utopia.

Always look ahead or you'll even stumble over life's simplest obstacles.

Politics takes place in a room where flowers are offered and daggers are concealed.

Communism only failed because no one actually ever practiced it.

Money may buy you status, but it can't buy you the time you need to enjoy it.

There are only two certainties in life: you will pay taxes and you will die. At least you can die having fun.

Those who curse the rain will pray for it when the well is dry.

I don't have a problem with alcohol, alcohol simply insists I share my problems.

While you are drinking her beautiful, you may be turning ugly.

A bully is as an idiot with a chip on his shoulder in need of someone to put a chip on his tooth.

Those who take themselves seriously are often the only ones who do.

• Terry
    Terry

Great stuff! Keep them coming.

"When you leave the Kingdom Hall and JW's behind, you gain your freedom. Freedom to be, say and do. . . what exactly?

Ask yourself: "What do those bastards expect me to say and do? What do they think will become of me?"

There is your roadmap. Just head in the opposite direction!"

_______

I like to print quotes on little slips of paper and carry them in my pocket to glance at during the day. You'd be amazed at how often one comes in handy in a conversation.

• Stealth
    Stealth

*** ts 46 Is This Life All There Is?
    "Knowing these things, what will you do? It is obvious that the true God, who is himself the God of truth and who hates lies, will not look with favor on persons who cling to organizations that teach falsehood. (Psalm 31:5; Proverbs 6:16-19; Revelation 21:8) And, really, would you want to be even associated with a religion that had not been honest with you?"

• Heaven
    Heaven

"Once you know a thing, you can't unknow it." - Ginni Rometty

"Once you see the man behind the curtain, the magic is lost."

"To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation - is that good for the world?" - Christopher Hitchens

"Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny. " - Frank Outlaw

"You cannot raise a man up by calling him down." - William Boetcker

"Leadership is doing what is right when no one is watching." - George Van Valkenburg

"If we lose the forests, we lose everything." - Bill Mollison

"Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple." - Bill Mollison

"When we work with nature instead of trying to impose our will, the solution is often found within the problem." - David Holmgren

"You can solve all the world's problems in a garden." - Geoff Lawton

"Every mystery ever solved has turned out to be NOT magic." - Tim Minchin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit