Anyway coming back from my blunder?

by Crazyguy2 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

There's not enough detail in your post to be clear about what's exactly going on but from what I can tell:

You don't believe and they do....so let them believe and you quit talking about their beliefs.

You don't want to go to meetings....so don't go.

You are faced with moving out but don't want to..so don't do it.

You want to keep your family....so keep it.

Let them be the ones to go to the meetings, move out or leave you if they want.... why is this all up to you?

Why?? because JW's have conned themselves and those around them into thinking that when it comes to religious beliefs, they have the upper hand and that everyone must triangulate their way around them.

Just stay where you are, carry on with your life and your own personal beliefs, be considerate of theirs but in a calm and firm way, stand your ground. As far as I can see, your only blunder was giving them far too much power giving their rules far too much consideration and look where it got you.

Don't make it easy for anyone to shun you. Don't just go away....carry on as you normally would and make them be the ones to adjust themselves around you. Let your friends and family scurry away when they see you coming if that's what they choose to do but don't change one thing ,for them. They only have as much power over you as you let them have.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The biggest fail orchestrated by the WTS/JWS is the propagation that the ancient mythological expressions made by the ancient Hebrews are factual and not fictional.

Its true though that this ancient civilization tried to create a better living and social environment through its own doctrines of faiths such as in the ten commandments and they endeavor to make their select god greater than all other worshiped gods in those ancient times.

It should be realized that this organization (JWS) and its top leading men created it to not only attract attention to the literature it published but to also create a semblance of power unto themselves as deciding what is righteous and what is not, yet these men were without question sinning apostates /false teachers.

That sequestered power still exists today and the men at the top of organization are there to make sure that power continues on .

The JWS/WTS organization was founded and expanded by enacted fear mongering apocalyptic charlatanism.

That's a truth everyone should honestly accept.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

No one can tell you what to do. You have to do what is right for you. If I had stayed, I would have developed a serious mental disorder, or started taking pain meds, or being drunk every chance I got, or all of the above, and I may have jumped from a building.

In the end, if 8 F-yards in New York are more important to your family than you are, then they don’t deserve you.

DD

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have to echo what Pete Zahut said.
    We don't know your whole situation, but don't seek a divorce based on any JW stuff. If your mate does that, its not on you. Only get divorced or move out or whatever you want to do because you actually want to do it, don't let the JW's decide for you.

The best think I have ever heard from a forum like this one was where a disfellowshipped person was told they are not supposed to talk to the Witnesses, and they answered back, "NO, you are not supposed to talk to me. I can talk to anyone I please to talk to."

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Do I just give up move out get a divorce or keep going to meetings and claim lack of faith and trying to still rebuild it?

I don`t know why you think its up to you to make these decisions ? Put the onus back on them for whatever happens .As far as your concerned carry on as normal doing what you were doing before this encounter with your son and see where you go from there.

People say things in the heat of the moment that they don`t really mean .That`s always a good cop out .

Use spiritual warfare to your advantage .

I hope all goes well,take care.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Cult.

G.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What happened at the end of my post ? Link,Dislike,like ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit