Anyway coming back from my blunder?

by Crazyguy2 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

My oldest boy got pissed that I started going back to meetings so I had one last conversation with him as he moved out. (Only went back to try and not loose whole family) During the conversation things got a bit heated and I mentioned a couple of false prophecies in the Bible the rest of family heard so now they think I don’t believe at all. Guess their right think my going back was just a ruse, yes that’s true to.

Do I just give up move out get a divorce or keep going to meetings and claim lack of faith and trying to still rebuild it?

Fuck this shit they make it so hard to not loose it all if your not completely brainwashed.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Crazy - Do I just give up move out get a divorce or keep going to meetings and claim lack of faith and trying to still rebuild it?

Sounds like a situation that escalated quickly. I hope it all levels out.

As for your questions, only you can answer those.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i cut all connection with the cult in 1981, when my born in dub wife divorced me. i maintained regular contact with my kids for a few years--till they started to shun me. that quickly escalated --solicitors got involved--and i had to back away.

i really missed my kids--so much so i reasoned the only way to have contact with them was to go back into the cult. i hated the very idea of it.

it was only after i talked to my dad about it that i saw it all in perspective. Dad was a devout JW--i think he was an elder then--although we had regular contact. he said it would only ever work if i went back in because of my love of jehovah. that said it all. i simply did not believe in god--so how could i be a witness for something that doesnt exsist ?

ive never seen my youngest son since. hes 41 now--married with at least 1 kid i heard. he refused--in writing--to have anything to do with me--in the year 2000 , after i had written to him.

my daughter--now 48, wont have anything to do with me--and even shunned my dad when he lived in a care home a mile from her--that was 2013-to 16. i think that was because she found out i was seeing dad.. she has 4 daughters--ive never met them.

my older son--now 43 was d/f some time back. i made contact with him after i found out ( from my dad ). he and i have rebuilt a good relationship. hes married and has a 4 year old boy--my grandson--the only one ive met. i'm seeing them at christmas.

this is the price you could pay if you leave the cult.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

You are going to have to choose between the lesser of two evils - staying & lying, or leaving & living.

Sorry to be so blunt, but remaining/leaving the JW cult is always going to involve pain.

Wish you well.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

further to my above post, let me explain..

i had been a pioneer in my teens--and a servant in my early 20's. i gave public talks both home and away. i had a few parts at circuit assemblies.

i resigned at a jw in 1971. i told the overseer i no longer wanted to be considered a jw because i didnt believe in god--therefore most of the doctrines were meaningless to me. but i would attend some meetings for the sake of my wife, but take no part in it. he accepted this--no announcement was made..i was not d/f. i still had many friends who were still jw's. i did attend occasional meetings when my wife nagged or bribed me into going. no one shunned me.

i wonder if this would work nowadays ?

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Just say you Misspoke because you were frustrated and angry.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Stan,

Your never going to get a real relationship from any family that is still in. It's obvious that they don't have the mental capacity to consider life without their dumb religion.

It is also obvious that 'Family Business' is just about money...not about how your doing, how are you feeling or real family affection .......which is lacking.

They go to their meeting and feel connected until they read or see the criminal nature of their 'truth'.

They rather know your dead or gone..... then how your doing.

Sorry Stan........... but it's the truth all of us experience. Live life well cause it's better then their 'truth'.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

You can't live for others and be happy if you're being inauthentic. Not in the long run. So who are you and what do you want? You're going to endure pain in this one way or the other so you might as well endure the pain that moves you forward toward growth and living your life in a way that fits you.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Stan I'm so sorry, what cruel treatment. I know it's been repeated a million times over, but that doesn't minimize it in the least, it maximizes the GB's guilt 😡

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Only you can decide if it's worth going through this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit