Everybody's getting old

by neat blue dog 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

To be clear: this isn't my picture, so I can't confirm if younger ones are in other areas or how much seating there is beyond what's pictured. What struck me is how most in the shot just happen to be middle aged or older.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Probably the younger ones can run off to MacDonalds quicker.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

W T Wizard made some good points, this could be misleading of this Assembly, but ....

it looks a lot like my wife’s congregation, old. The majority are in their later years and the younger ones are born-ins.

I do not know or hear of anybody from the outside studying and coming to meetings .

Oh, except that strange guy that has come for years and everyone tries to avoid because he is a pain....

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

In the past 10 years or so with the exception of born ins I have seen only one normal person come in. And will have to watch him to see how it plays out. Alk the rest have been low IQ misfits or ones needing medication. Lots of the young ones fade and disappear or get DF

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Oh, except that strange guy that has come for years and everyone tries to avoid because he is a pain....

and what about all those who only show up for the passover memorial or whatever its called now.

we used to call them the nisan kids: just getting their armageddon card stamped.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Standard JW auditorium seats.

Wonder what high placed brother owns the biz that sells them to the Borg? Bet he makes lots of big donations.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The 18 - 40 age group is probably the most prone to walking out. They are no longer forced by parents to go to the meetings, and are digitally savvy, and pretty worldly in their ways.

The Org will more and more be a place with old folks with a few young kids, and then eventually will just be old folks, who are took tired to think or too committed to change.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

This is actually my old assembly hall. The picture appears to have been taken about half way from the back of one of the back sections - you can kinda see the additional section to the right but the picture is missing two sections to the left. Assembly attendence was usually a hair over 1000 when I was in, and it was probably about 50-75% full.

This one is located just west of Denton, TX.

• hoser
    hoser

Mrs hoser and I attended our old congregation this past weekend. It is actually made up of 3 amalgamated congregations. We were talking about it on the drive home and came to the conclusion that in 10 to 15 years 3/4 of the publishers will be in old folks homes or dead.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

in 10 to 15 years 3/4 of the publishers will be in old folks homes or dead.

And what makes me laugh is that those who end up in old folks homes are run by,.... who ?

Most likely run by one of Christendoms religions who put their money where their mouth is in doing actual charity work regardless of a persons beliefs .

JW`s criticize ,condemn ,Christendoms religions as being in cahoots with the devil all of their lives ,yet end up living their life out in aged care facilities run by the very ones they have condemned all of their lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit