Long time lurker, first time poster ...

by LettMorrisSplaneit 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Sorry, accidentally taped dislike. This Kindle is very touchy! I love your story and welcome.🌷
  • Peony
    Peony
    I love your name....made me smile. Welcome to the forum. A place where you can be yourself. I know you are looking back with regret of the wasted years, I too pioneered from school and only got out (physically as well) at age 45. But I have to say once physically out I was so happy (way more than I expected) that I thought if I can live to 90 I've got another 45 years to enjoy (true enjoyment)! It's never too late. It's not an easy road to take (mine was 3 years ending in Disasociation and losing my family) but it was worth it. I wouldn't have thought so when I was at the stage you're at but as time goes on and your life fills more with non JW things, the JW things have less and less hold on you. Best wishes to you....there's a wonderful life waiting for you, grasp it.
  • LettMorrisSplaneit
    LettMorrisSplaneit

thank you, @Peony. :)

I feel so much better now, the FOG is mostly gone. I still struggle with the "obligation" part of it. JW life is all I've known, it's second nature to do all the JW routines.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think the most difficult thing to mentally resolve and evaluate upon is that yes its easy to see good wholesome living values being promoted within the JW faith but there is also a fair amount of structured social behavior controls as well, that can even impose life or death situations onto people.

The way that this organization is formulated is that you have to accept and adhere to everything, every directive, every doctrine completely without question or dissension and you are accordingly watched with a magnifying glass that you do.

These over bearing controls combined with enforced subjection, guilt, fear and shame if your not promoting the religion drives most people away from it, add in the suspiciously false prophetic preaching of Christ's Gospel and you have a religion that not only repels people away but also influences people to leave it all together.

The other hard thing for people to emotionally deal with is the socialization factor that being apart of a congregation involves, which by the WTS own design states that JWS are the only worthy people to socialize with, all other non-believers are to be kept at a distance in association, even to depart from ones own family if necessary.

So there's a lot going on with this religoius organization to evaluate.

My suggestion is to keep on educating yourself on many things and subjects to help yourself individually rather that looking for a singular organization educate you, think for you and control you, humanity overall can benefit for that sought out endeavor.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome, thanks for posting your story.

JW life is all I've known, it's second nature to do all the JW routines.

I think my wife could relate to that. She woke up before I did but in some ways it felt easier to plod on in familiar routines.

It will be worth the pain of leaving once you have a plan for the rest of your life.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Welcome. Awesome handle!
  • crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    Welcome! Im also a trapped in.
  • wannaexit
  • breakfast of champions
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Welcome to the rest of your life!

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit