Long time lurker, first time poster ...

by LettMorrisSplaneit 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• steve2
    steve2

I want your name - love it and lovely to hear from you.

You're 42 - so young and so much life ahead of you. So pleased you've found this discussion forum helpful. You seem grounded and taking things steadily. Way to go.

There is no urgency, no emergency.

Whereas JWs will panic themselves and others into a state of terror and expect sensible decisions, you do not have to follow that mindless mentality.

Hope you stay on board!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

I'm 42 now. I feel like the best part of my youth/life has been wasted.

That's about the age I woke up and started posting here. Took me a few years to get out and I went off to university and got my degree. I've lived more and felt more youthful in these few years after age 42 than I did in all the previous JW years of my life.

I still struggle with the "obligation" part of it. JW life is all I've known, it's second nature to do all the JW routines.

While I was at university, I got free counseling with a psychologist. I think it helped me build self-esteem. So much of my self-worth hinged on my value to WT. Now if they want my time for their tired "routines", they'll have to be prepared to pay me $45 per hour before I'll even talk to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit