Are the G.B.members really good business people ?

by smiddy3 43 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If I was an author of a book I think I would be over the moon if I was guaranteed a sale of around 5 million or more books for my work.

The Jehovah`s Witnesses have over 8 million members plus relatives that are fringe dwellers who come to the memorial once a year ,

So what a Gold mine they have been sitting on as a publishing house .

Why didn`t they keep publishing books for the faithful ,they could have even upped the price , and the faithful would have paid especially in prosperous country`s in the west.

They could have milked this venture for years to come as the faithful would have bought anything they would have published .

And their prophets (profits) would have soared ,literally and figuratively for many more years to come .

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Amen, brother.

• zeb
    zeb

Perhaps those who have worked at Bethel/s could tell us their perception.

I feel it has to do with the microscopic view the gb have of the world starting ending on a dot in the NY state. At said place they have workers aging perhaps needing medical care and/or becoming restless over their conditions and the web informing the masses of a whole range of things about the wt few of which are complimentary. Including various scandals that have broken out into the news about Bethel life.

The rest of the world doesn't matter a fig as long as their money rolls in..

I was once recommended a book by an x jw. I looked it up on a book site; I thought there might be 5-6 such books, good grief there were scores of books by x jw.

Good business minds? I would like to check their books to see where the money actually really truly goes..

• Fendersocialclub
    Fendersocialclub

They can’t sell books or anything and keep their “charitable” non profit status.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Smiddy, you raise very relevant questions and points which have not yet been truthfully clarified by the org.

The cult had a goose which was laying golden eggs, but what has it been doing to that goose over recent years, and continuing to do so even more? Plucking it naked and carving it up - big time!

My belief and contention is unchanged - the WTBTS/CCoJW has been forced into this unprecedented financial "great tribulation" by Wall Street creditors who were quite willing to bankrupt the religion after 2008. The org's draconian cost-cutting measures (Printing, People, & Property) and money-grabbing scams cannot be dismissed with "making the best use of our resources."

The cult was on its death-bed, and sold its "soul" in order to keep living longer. I'll hold my hands up if/when evidence is produced which says otherwise.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think the GB members officially direct the business end only spiritual (per their comments). That is why they no longer serve on the board of directors and the other spin-off corporations are now headed by non-anointed (and can be).

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

The jws of my generation (20s) don't read their books. Never have, never will. They know that, thus the reason why they stopped printing tons of publications. They are aware our generation is the beginning of their end, even if we get baptized at 10 years of age, we will still leave when we turn 15 - 18. Only a few are printed for the Overlapping Generation, to keep them content and make sure that their WILLS stay in the WT's name when they die.l

They don't have a gold-mine anymore, that goose died when they introduced the Overlapping generation.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

They can’t sell books or anything and keep their “charitable” non profit status.

Why not? Plenty of charities sell books and all sorts of products - just check the Oxfam web site.

But why would anyone buy a book anyway when you can download it for free? They could start charging for the downloads perhaps, but I can't see that happening. Knorr was a good businessman, but this lot are pretty clueless, I think their Armageddon delusion blinds them to what their future really holds.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy3 - "Are the GB members really good businesspeople?"

Seriously?

I think even this guy's skeptical:

:smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    smiddy3 - "...Jehovah`s Witnesses have over 8 million members plus relatives that are fringe dwellers..."

Some here might argue that all JWs are "fringe-dwellers"... :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit