"Be Strong!"---SAD

by eyeuse2badub 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

You have to have a strong stomach to listen to that crap.

"the end is so very near brothers".

This may reflect my lack of faith, but I was at Whole Foods yesterday and bought 3 green bananas. I hope I did not waste my money.

• careful
    careful

Yes, it's always "the the best assembly ever!" but after 3 weeks pass, if you ask them what the talks' points were, they cannot even remember. What pabulum.

One of the reasons for the expenses is to pay for the Bethel speaker's airfare, but then that was certainly not $11,500. The rest is part of the money-making scheme.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

The morning symposium had a part on Enoch. At ours the speaker went on for a couple of minutes on Genesis 4:26 and what "calling on the name of Jehovah" supposedly involved. It inspired me to put together this thread.

The one I was at was at a middle school auditorium. So the cost was considerably less. In the $2500 range.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

This may reflect my lack of faith, but I was at Whole Foods yesterday and bought 3 green bananas. I hope I did not waste my money.

How many times has so many of us had these sentiments / views over the years and we have still had the time to eat the fruitage and no such prophecy by the WT/JW religion has ever come to fruition .?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would be interested in the answer to Steve2's question. What is the cost per head for a one-dayer ?

When you think that many of the audience cannot pay, kids etc, it all falls on the ones who can just about pay something out of their family budget, and then they have to pay for the day, travel there, food etc plus a new dress for the wife.

Gawd, all that expense just to hear a load of lying tripe, and get a numb bum.

• LostAdam
    LostAdam
    As far as I know, the amount of money collected in every convention doesn't only have to do with the 2 or 3 days but also with the expenses made on maintaining the assembly hall throughout the year. Let me know if I'm wrong 😎
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

steve2

The attendance for the morning was 1067 and the afternoon was 1033. I was there on Saturday and the other half of the circuit met on Sunday. I wonder if there "expenses" were also $11,500. I have noticed is that the "expenses" gradually increase each year. The "deficit" announcement was made 2 times. lol

This assembly hall is over 45 years old. It's a very nice, comfortable, and well maintained building in a nice semi-residential area, located in Madera, California. It gets used about 40 weekends a year between English, Spanish.

just saying!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

its 26 years since I set foot in a CA hall, cant say I've missed the happifying spiritual food dispensed by the Faithful Slave

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

So in other words, nothing new at the ASSembly.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Be Poor (make us rich)

Be Generous (make us rich)

Be Submissive (make us rich)

......and the saga continues....

Zing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit