"Be Strong!"---SAD

by eyeuse2badub 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Attended the SAD yesterday with my wife. Bethel speaker flown in to California which made it "special". (His talks were infomercial bs, but at least he was a good speaker. lol)

$11,500 for the assembly expenses for the one day. OMG! Such bullsh*t on the money end!

Lots of F.O.G. One brother talked about Abraham and how he listened and obeyed even though, some of the things he was told to do did not seem reasonable from a human standpoint. Are we willing and ready to do the same? We may soon be asked to do the same!

Lots to be disgusted about but the most disgusting? 9 baptized! 3 from my wife's congregation. One was 8 years old (daughter of an elder) one was 9 years old. The baptism talk speaker made a "special" point to mention what an "outstanding example" these 2 young ones were! What's holding you back?

Stepping up the rhetoric because "the end is so very near brothers".

just saying!

just saying!

just saying!

• stillin
    stillin

This was the best assembly ever!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Abraham .... some of the things he was told to do did not seem reasonable from a human standpoint. Are we willing and ready to do the same? We may soon be asked to do the same!

This is to prepare those who have yet to have their KH taken off them and sold from under them after they saved and built it themselves.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is way too much for a big boasting session. 11,500 toilet papers? And how many were at that wastefest? Where do they come up with these numbers for expenses?

My advice to anyone that is there: Figure out, objectively, how much value did you get out of it. Never mind that "Jehovah will be happy if you give more". Never mind "Jehovah sacrificed Jesus, couldn't you sacrifice your hard earned money?". Didn't their own bible stipulate that Jesus was supposed to be the perfect sacrifice, to which nothing need be added? If so, then why are there still demands to sacrifice more and more? With joke-hova supposedly the owner of all the wealth, couldn't that thing pay the whole bill, in full, without anyone contributing anything?

They keep hounding, one line that works is "If you hound me any more, I won't give anything at all. If I get hounded, I would be giving for your sake and not for joke-hova's (which is usually denigrated)." That might make the hounding stop. But, if they do continue hounding or threaten with further action, do not donate anything (and I mean not even a single penny). You would only be giving for the sake of men, which is expressly condemned in their own bible and theocracy.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

How is it no one questions an expense like that, 11500 for what? A plane ticket round trip from California costs like $1,000, maybe. Do they own the Assembly Hall, constructed with volunteer labor, the usual?

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf
    $11,500 for the assembly expenses for the one day. OMG! Such bullsh*t on the money end!

Well the first class flights, top hotels and restaurants for gb, etc, somebody has to pay for that. The gbs God doesn't make money pop out of their silver sword. So after GB luxury costs - $10,999, the cost for the assembly itself is $501.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

$11,500 for the assembly expenses for the one day.

OMG! Such bullshit on the money end!

You can find much bullshit and corruption in the JWS/JWorg. organization even dealing with money.

• just fine
    just fine

Any organization that’s isn’t financially transparent is a target for financial abuse. There is no accountability so they can spend whatever they want, and make up whatever “expenses” they see fit.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Key Note talk and theme for this years summer district assembly will be .....

" Staying Strong and Loyal To Jehovah's Publishing House "

In spite of obvious lies and corruption in promoting fear mongering doctrines, Jah still approves of these false teachings if they bring money to the organization. $$$

• steve2
    steve2

How many attended the event? Usually they base the cost on a per head basis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit