What was your reputation in the congregation?

by JH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I was invisible

• Soledad
    Soledad

I was invisible too. I was the daughter of a mother with an unbelieving husband and a sister to a brother with an unbelieving father. But I was never the "sister" with an unbelieving father. Just "her."

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

They didn't know what to do with me. I always gave good talks on the TMS school, I never got into trouble (except near the end), but wild horses couldn't drag me out into the d2d work. So I was considered one of those converts who never "made the trooth his own" bleah

I was very immature when I converted, an emotional child even though I was 22, and remained that way for quite a few years as a dub. I think the elders always hoped that I'd grow up and "reach out" and "make my advancement manifest". But when I hit 30 (when you really enter adulthood IMHO) that was when I first started thinking what a load of bull I was involved in. By age 31, I was out for good.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Stellar. The elders loved me; that is until I couldn't "perform" anymore.

Jehovah's Witnesses -- the epitome of "what have you done for me lately"

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Yup. Same here: elder's daughter, pioneer, lived at home, pristine reputation, married a ministerial servant who was also a pioneer. Ah, the golden ones! Little did they realize that the mild-manner pioneers would one day turn into -- APOSTABABE AND APOSTABEEFCAKE!!! Joined by their sidekicks, Apostagirl and Apostaboy, and their faithful Apostabassets, they tirelessly surf through the Internet in search of truth, justice, and freedom for all apostates.

Okay, I REALLY think it's time for me to go to bed now. I'll just get out my Wonder Woman jammies . . . .

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Ooh OOh!! Can I see them?

You can tie me up with your golden lasso anytime.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Evil blond slut, even though I never did anything to deserve the title (damn!) I always felt kind of jipped to have earned the reputation without being able to have all the fun!

• greven
    greven

Silent and shy, but intelligent.

Greven

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Congregational geek!

• freeman
    freeman

I was never considered highly spiritual, not by a long shot, but at the same time I was not considered bad association. Some of my best friends were in fact elders (even the one that robbed me of $1,000.00, but that’s a story for another time). I spent entirely too much time on non-spiritual pursuits to be considered exemplary and this fascination as it turns out led to my eventual downfall, THANK GOD!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit