How Mature Are You? What is Your Emotional Age?

by MrMoe 40 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH
    What's Your Emotional Age?

less maturemore mature
    Behavior:
    There are countless reasons why people may act or feel a certain age at any given point in their lives. Feeling a certain age is not a static thing, nor is it something that always follows a pre-determined pattern. Some people act older when they are children then have a second childhood in their retirement years. Others act like children until they become parents and then seem to click into a different mode. It can be helpful and insightful to learn which stage you're at right now, and why.

Nobody fits neatly into a given category. There are several components in your emotional age: behavior, feelings, and responsibility. In the area of behavior, you seem to fall into the "adolescent" category. This means that you're probably very focused on your immediate environment. The positive qualities of being an "adolescent" are an easy-going attitude and a willingness to try many things that "older" people shy away from. Your sense of adventure and risk-taking is probably strong. This reveals your exciting and fun sides. This may mean, however, that you find a thrill in rebelling. Doing things that you "shouldn't" can lead to trouble, so be careful! Due to the egocentric nature of adolescence, it might sometimes be difficult for you to see how your actions can affect others.

less maturemore mature
    Emotions:
    In the realm of emotions, you seem to fall into the "adult" category. This means that you are probably in control of your emotions. You can recognize your feelings and express them clearly. You are probably rational and composed, but you make sure that you do not neglect your own emotions. This healthy balance allows you to interact well with others, while staying true to yourself.

less maturemore mature
    Responsibility:
    When it comes to the level of responsibility you assume, for yourself or others, you fall into the "adult" category. This means that you are probably someone who can be relied on to come through in any situation. People around you likely consider you dependable and strong. Don't let your dominant care-taking side force you to neglect your own needs. Keep a healthy balance and continue to take care of yourself too.

Whether it’s for business, dating, keeping in touch or just for fun, a business card can be as unique as the person it represents. Make a statement with your own set of 250 custom printed business cards – FREE. Visit VistaPrint to choose a design that says “you.”

Learn more about emotional age. Click here.

What's Next?
    Email this test to a friend
    Check out other tests

People who took this test also took:
    The EmodeMatch Personality Test
    What's Your True Color?
    What Breed of Dog Are You?
    What's Your Superpower?
    The Identity Test
  • JH
    JH

Is it better to be high on each test or right in the middle?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

less mature more mature
    Overall, your emotional age is quite mature. You probably keep your feelings very guarded. While this guardedness means that you show a composed face to the world, it can also mean you're viewed as a bit distant.
  • MrMoe
    MrMoe

I don't think there is a better JH. It all depends on what YOU want out of life. Personally, I would rather be a wee bit lower on the chart rather than so stuffy.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick
    less mature more mature

Overall, your emotional age is quite adult. You are a clear thinker who recognizes your emotions and knows how to express them. You follow your instincts, without ever letting yourself get carried away. To understand more about your score, sign up with Emode.

• JH
    JH

I noticed that is's hard to get all the 3 results posted. I tried a couple of times and I finally got the 3 results. I think most people will only see the first chart. Dunno why???

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

less mature more mature
    Behavior:
    There are countless reasons why people may act or feel a certain age at any given point in their lives. Feeling a certain age is not a static thing, nor is it something that always follows a pre-determined pattern. Some people act older when they are children then have a second childhood in their retirement years. Others act like children until they become parents and then seem to click into a different mode. It can be helpful and insightful to learn which stage you're at right now, and why.

Nobody fits neatly into a given category. There are several components in your emotional age: behavior, emotion, and responsibility. In the area of behavior, you seem to fall very clearly into the "mature" category. There is no doubt that others can rely on you and that your behavior is probably consistent and dependable. This is great, but it probably also means that you don't allow yourself to have too much fun or act "outside the box." Most of your actions might be dictated by how they are going to affect other people. Basically, you might want to lighten up a little. Try to focus more on your own feelings. And, most of all -- have a little fun!

less maturemore mature
    Emotions:
    In the realm of emotions, you seem to fall into the "adult" category. This means that you are probably in control of your emotions. You can recognize your feelings and express them clearly. You are probably rational and composed, but you make sure that you do not neglect your own emotions. This healthy balance allows you to interact well with others, while staying true to yourself.

less maturemore mature
    Responsibility:
    When it comes to the level of responsibility you assume, for yourself or others, you fall into the "adult" category. This means that you are probably someone who can be relied on to come through in any situation. People around you likely consider you dependable and strong. Don't let your dominant care-taking side force you to neglect your own needs. Keep a healthy balance and continue to take care of yourself too.
  • be wise
    be wise

less maturemore mature

I always think these tests describe me very well. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I'm not too predictable, I hope!

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Hmm, didn't do to well in the emotion side of things.

less maturemore mature
    Behavior:

Nobody fits neatly into a given category. There are several components in your emotional age: behavior, feelings, and responsibility. In the area of behavior, you seem to fall into the "adult" category. Adults tend to be efficient and responsible. You are probably a "doer" whom others consider reliable, stable, and consistent. People feel they can depend on you. Of course, if others rely too much on you, it can be a burden. You seem, however, to be someone who strikes a healthy balance between fulfilling others' needs and taking care of your own. Just be aware that if you feel overwhelmed by the pressures put on you, you should take some time out for yourself.

less maturemore mature
    Emotions:
    In the realm of emotions, you seem to fall into the "kid" category. This means that you probably express your emotions instinctively. In many ways that's great, because you are in touch with your feelings. You're probably considered open and honest by those around you. But it can also mean that you practice little control over your public expression. Being an emotional "kid" can also indicate insensitivity to the needs of others. Children are naturally emotionally self-absorbed and tend to not be aware of the effect their actions have on others. It's a two-sided coin. Allowing your emotions to surface is a wonderful healing process, but it's important to control when and where these "expressions" occur.

less maturemore mature
    Responsibility:
    When it comes to the level of responsibility you assume, you fall into the "adolescent" category. This means that you might not be someone who is considered dependable, except perhaps in a crisis. Adolescents typically have little concern for the consequences of their own actions and avoid most commitments. This tendency is not conducive to developing trusting and enduring relationships.

Ignored One.

• waiting
    waiting

expatbrit could be viewed as slightly....."distant"?

lol - who would've thought THAT?

I am joking, btw....but his score was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay over on the right hand side. ................. Old Person Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Over...................

And this post proves mine would NOT be on the mature side.

waiting - just old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit