Queued for Processing ....

by cofty 46 Replies latest forum tech-support

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

So neither of my attempts to post from 4 am and 9 am this morning (it's now 6 pm) have appeared. What do I do? Keep trying until one does work?

Sounds to me like this is a problem beyond what you are talking about above Simon.

• Simon
    Simon
    What do I do? Keep trying until one does work?

No. Read what I've already explained (in plenty of detail).

Ignoring it, being impatient and creating work is not appreciated.

• bsmart
    bsmart

I think we used to be able to see our limits for the day. Do we still have that option or did it go away when the changeover went into effect? If so how do we find it?

• Simon
    Simon

It's not currently available due to the way the processing is now done - the bit that decides whether to apply any delay is further down the chain in a different process.

As I said, I would like to improve the communication so that it tells you how long it's likely to take and you can see the status in the queue, if there are any issues etc... I think lack of feedback on where things are up to is what confuses most people so we can definitely improve that.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    No. Read what I've already explained (in plenty of detail).
    Ignoring it, being impatient and creating work is not appreciated.

A problem posting for 30 mins or even a hour is one thing but the thing is sitting there for hours and hours and hours.

As I said, I would like to improve the communication so that it tells you how long it's likely to take and you can see the status in the queue, if there are any issues etc... I think lack of feedback on where things are up to is what confuses most people so we can definitely improve that.

That would make a big difference.

• Simon
    Simon
    A problem posting for 30 mins or even a hour is one thing but the thing is sitting there for hours and hours and hours

Again, just to be clear - it is by design. It is doing what it's intended to do. It can't simultaneously allow instant posting AND limit posting so this is the best compromise that allows people to post without losing anything but temporarily throttles when they appear once certain thresholds are met. This very much helps with other challenges relating to running the site.

I'll try and provide more feedback so its more obvious where things are up to although I think some people will always have a problem, however detailed the explanation.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I get the point of it Simon and don't have a problem with it. It's obvious why you've designed it and it get's over a number of issues.

The only issue is that there is no information provided as to what is actually going on. I've not seen any information on what the limits and rules actually are. Normally I have zero problem posting either replies or new topics. Right now I can post replies fine yet I've just tried to post a new topic (different one to before) and I've got the spinning icon on queuing with no information on how long it might be before it posts or why it is queuing (e.g. "You have posted x new topics in the past hour, your new topic will appear in approx 1 hour")

In the past 24 hours I've posted 10 replies. The only new topic I've tried to post is the one on the brother stepping down. I tried posting that first at 4am yesterday and it appeared 9 hours ago according to my topic posting report (I guess around 8pm). I've just tried posting a new topic and it's queuing. Do I have to wait 14+ hours?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit