Tonight, hope Kimberley ROCKS American Idol

by morrisamb 42 Replies latest social entertainment

• shera
    shera
    Aaaaaah!!! I love Clay! ~Aztec

MeToo!!

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Ever since he was labeled the "velvet teddy bear" by Gladys Knight, I think Ruben was destined to win.

Yes...........but Neil Sedaka said on a talk show, that Clay should win. I saw Simon on our local news, saying he thought Clay would win too, but he thinks it should be Ruben.

Paula was interviewed too, but she won't commit. I think she wants them all to win.............and ultimately they all will win something............a career in music for sure.

Did anyone see the poster promoting Clay, being held up in the audience. It was Farkel!!!!!!! I laughed so hard, because he really does look like that little guy.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I love Clay too. He is so cute..he looks like an elf. I really believe he is the most talented.

Leslie

• sandy
    sandy

I liked all three of them last night too. I loved Ruben's version of "smile". I too noticed he was straining a bit. It is ok though; I do not think it will hurt his chance of going to the final round.

I am trying to imagine how these three will sound singing their own material or at least music not already covered.

They need to be very careful in what they select to sing if they are offered recording contacts. I hope they are wise enough to fight for the best deals. They need as much freedom as possible when making their album. Song selection is very important especially if they do not want to become 1 hit wonders at the very least. Just because they sing very well doesn't mean they will be successful. I truly hope they get the best people out there to produce and write their music.

• happyout
    happyout

Last night was kind of disappointing to me. I like Clay's voice, but I agree with a lot of others, he belongs on Broadway or in Vegas, not on the Billboard top 40. Kimberly's voice is ok, but I am not all that much into her jazzy kind of sound. Ruben definitely was straining, he sounded ok, but he has done much better in the past. I think if this is a competition about pop singing, which I think it is, Ruben is the obvious choice, but I think Clay will win.

Happyout

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Just got back from my bank in time to see American Idol in a few minutes...3 bank tellers told me based on last night, they've switched to Kimberley...they said Reuben strained and that Clay's 2nd song wasn't the best song of the competition as Paula suggested last night...

Of course, most of you are Clay/Reuben fans but it could be close!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I still love Clay Ruben equally and then Kim. Clay makes me smile but he is so goofy looking

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Well, tonight should really be interesting. Just a few words about the judges, etc. (Yes...I'm into this thing so fluff haters can just pass on what I have to say ):

CLAY: Simon's criticism of Clay's forgetting the words to a song for a minute was justified. He covered very well, however, so well that I didn't know it happened until Simon made a big point of it naturally. I haven't found anyone who even knew that song so Clay probably wasn't familiar with it either. That's probably why he was nervous. I would have been, too. AND it was not an easy song to sing. He sang it well considering. Randy's criticism of Clay's performance on that song... "I don't like the song and I wasn't impressed (or something like that)" was totally uncalled for. It was a "draw" song for Pete's sake. Ridiculous. Even Clay said he would not have picked that song. Bad Randy. Very unfair. Reuben couldn't have sung that song half as well as Clay and Reuben can do no wrong in Randy's eyes. It just killed Randy to compliment Clay (a back-handed one at that) on his "Unchained Melody". Randy just had to start the compliment out with "Even though I hate that arrangement, you did very well". Now for Simon: Very overly picky with Clay and his facial expressions which I think are great. More than I can say of Reuben who has NONE after he stops singing. Paula has been very impartial. Good for her. That's the way it should be with judges. I'm not a judge and I like CLAY.

PERFORMING ON A STAGE: All of them will cut records. All of them will sell records. All will get short appearances. But I would put CLAY up again Kim and Reuben anyday for a 2-hour concert that everyone would love because he ENTERTAINS and CONNECTS with his audience very well. Would you REALLY want to attend a 2-hour concert of "nothing special" Kimberly? Boring. Or worse...Reuben? He have to sit the whole time. Reuben does not expend energy. AND I'd fall aleep by the 5th ballad!

VERSATILITY: Clay is excellent with an excellent range. Kimberly is also excellent. Reuben is zilch. The few upbeat songs he sang, he tried to turn into ballads by running the lyrics together punctuated with yodels (typical ballad style) which is why he lost the clipped rhythm to the "Signed, Sealed, and Delivered" lyric . It could have had a lot more upbeat rhythm to it (I'm a dancer....I know the song well and danced competitively to it). He was also obviously straining his voice to the gills last night. The man takes no chances outside his comfort zone because he cannot sing anything else well but ballads. Period. No American Idol to me!

VOTING: Make sure you catch the phone number flashed on the screen. I think the phones are open for 2 hours after the show. Wait for about 1-1/2 hours before you start dialing.

IT GONNA BE ANYONE'S GUESS TONIGHT.

Trot

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Hey Hoh...we're rockin. It's CLAY and Reuben. I hope CLAY sings his skinny little butt off next week.

I reiterate....Reuben applys his ballad style to every song....including "yodels". In our dance club, you were never considered a good dancer if you could brillantly dance with one or two partners...even if they were your compeitition partners and you won trophies all over the place. The best dancers were the dancers who could dance well with anyone. They were versatile and good all around dancers. That's what makes a good dancer and its the same with singing.

There's only a 2% difference in votes between CLAY and Reuben. This is gonna be interesting next week.

Trot

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

It would have been more interesting if Kimberley was in the final, but I'll still watch.

I think Kimberley sang superbly tonight ...a moving performance...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit