Call for Judicial Hearing by signed letter

by sp74bb 46 Replies latest jw friends

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Is this why extj.com had reports of this mysterious set of instructions?:

Urgent instructions for Spain branch.
    No more letters, no contact with lawyers or media. Draw attention to the BoE who send the letter without respecting written instructions. CO will examine who sent the letter and give instructions.
    Do not mention WTBTS or Legal Department. You will receive a visit for a meeting in Madrid.
    WTBritain by GeoBAR
  • Hecce
    Hecce

wifibandit

I see that this came from London, if that is the case someone is going to be in deep dodo.

Their quick reaction is also evidence of how closely they read this forums.

• Hecce
    Hecce

I feel uneasy about this urgent message, there is nothing in the Spanish Forum validating its veracity. I hope than someone will come forward and tell us if this legit or someone's prank.

• darkspilver
  • darkspilver
    darkspilver
    They are not doubting the "report" from that sister, nor seeking clarification as to whether the accusation is correct! They have already determined your "guilt".

So XXXX says I have had sex out of wedlock. Really? Have you another witness to this accusation against me? If not then is not the procedure set out for Jehovah's Witness elders is that the body should ask two elders to investigate, not to set up a judicial committee.

Since this thread was started, new information has come to light...

In an interview with a newspaper earlier this week Miguel Garcia Lopez now admits:

Miguel Garcia was separated from his wife to leave confession and four years later formally divorced. To "liberate" his wife, he wrote a letter in which he explained that he had a new relationship. Thus, she could get the "biblical divorce" and remarrying

Miguel Garcia was happy to effectively confess to adultery in order for his wife to have a scriptural divorce and to allow her to remarry

It seems the elders did not pursue this adultery as a judicial matter with Miguel Garcia at the time due to him having 'faded' from the congregation - ie no longer attending meeting, and for a number of years, had no longer been viewed as a JW either by the congregation or the public.

BUT THEN....

In another post, Hecce reveals:

I am aware of more because of the Spanish Forum and I can tell you that Mr. [Miguel Garcia] Lopez is "a pain" for the elders and that they just want to get rid of him.

So, after fading successfully, it seems that Miguel Garcia NOW wants to get involved some how with the congregation.

Therefore the elders have decided they have no choice but to now pursue the judicial regarding his earlier adultery confession for the benefit of all involved so that Miguel Garcia's relationship with the congregation can be placed on a correct footing.

The reverse would be true, if Miguel Garcia was still faded, the elders would not be pursing this matter, but it seems Miguel Garcia is effectively forcing the elders hand

Bear in mind that - although there is a need for allowance regarding language and translation - Miguel Garcia isn't naive, he knows what he is doing, he is familiar with the procedures....

It just seems like he's 'pushing' the elders and forcing them to act, BUT then complaining when they do - an example of you can't have your cake and eat it ?

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Since my fade 5 years ago I had no connection with JW nor I attended any meeting.

The fact to be active in Spanish forums helping JW to leave the Org is really upsetting some members in my country.

In Spain as in other countries, there is only room for ONE judicial system. The same that said the Finnish Ministry of Justice years ago.

Many exJW in Finland ask for protection and the goverment ask the official statement. Betel in Finland confirmed no Judicial hearings were done, not any more (sic)

I have the right to claim my protection and my liberty of freedom. The more as I was abused by a MS once I was teenager !

I have the right to access and cancel the information relevant to my person in the congregation and at Bethel !

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Applying God’s Law: Religious Courts and Mediation in the U.S.

Across the United States, religious courts operate on a routine, everyday basis. The Roman Catholic Church alone has nearly 200 diocesan tribunals that handle a variety of cases, including an estimated 15,000 to 20,000 marriage annulments each year. In addition, many Orthodox Jews use rabbinical courts to obtain religious divorces, resolve business conflicts and settle other disputes with fellow Jews. Similarly, many Muslims appeal to Islamic clerics to resolve marital disputes and other disagreements with fellow Muslims.

For the most part, religious courts and tribunals operate without much public notice or controversy. Occasionally, however, issues involving religious law or religious courts garner media attention. The handling of clergy sexual abuse cases under Catholic canon law, for example, has come under scrutiny.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/08/applying-gods-law-religious-courts-and-mediation-in-the-us/

Archbishop's lecture - Civil and Religious Law in England: a religious perspective

The Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr. Rowan Williams delivers the foundation lecture in the Temple Festival series at the Royal Courts of Justice.

In his lecture entitled 'Civil and Religious Law in England: a religious perspective', given at the Royal Courts of Justice, Dr Williams looks at what space can be allowed alongside the secular law of the land for the legal provisions of faith groups, noting that "the issues that arise around what level of public or legal recognition, if any, might be allowed to the legal provisions of a religious group, are not peculiar to Islam: while the law of the Church of England is the law of the land, its daily operation is in the hands of authorities to whom considerable independence is granted." The issue also arises in relation to Orthodox Judaism.

http://rowanwilliams.archbishopofcanterbury.org/articles.php/1137/archbishops-lecture-civil-and-religious-law-in-england-a-religious-perspective

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit