What phobias do you have?

by stuckinarut2 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Onager - I agree with your dog! Except for punkofnice, I'm sure he was very nice postie and didn't bring bad news :)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I have proportionate amount of phobia concerning human ignorance, I guess that comes from being brought up in the JW religion.

• Schnufti
    Schnufti

Not sure if it's a phobia, but I absolutely hate jump scares. Do you remember the coffee ad with the zombie that was popular about 10 years ago? I have a trauma of it and still can't watch any videos or GIFs where nothing happens for a long time. Even if it has a cute cat in it.

• HeyLittleGirl
    HeyLittleGirl

Definitely spiders.

I once tried to jump out of a moving vehicle because a large Jamaican spider crawled out from under the visor and made it's way to the backseat where I was.

Fortunately I was with freinds who restrained me.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

ship propellors--especially seen underwater.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I'm morbidly afraid of spiders, having been once bitten as a child and having experienced a coma.
    I'm morbidly uncomfortable having other people decide what's best for me or those who are important to me.
    It's not quite a phobia, but I really find myself on my last nerve when somebody coerces me to do something I don't want to do. It has never ended positively.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I have a phobia of seeing Watchtowers and Awake mags in public places like laundromats and Hospital waiting rooms. My BP goes up and the only way I get it to go away is to approach the offending magazine, pick it up and dispose of it in the nearest receptacle.

• tiki
    tiki

Crowds.....claustrophobia....stairs, falling down them. Yankee stadium as a small child..crowded subways...the stairs going down to those tunnels....still have recurring nightmares of the kh as a child on the 3rd floor of a downtown seedy building...up three flight of stairs....drunk puke in the hallways from street bums...stink....rickety stairs....crowds...going down the suffocating ramps at the stadium at session end..moving so so slowly...sweaty bodies cramped together...oh. Phobias.....oh yeah...

• bsmart
    bsmart

Freeways, I have driven on highways over the speed limit 70 mph in a 65 zone.... but put that same speed and limit on a freeway 5 lanes all going the same direction and I am white knuckled and cant breathe. Totally irrational. Make it rush hour and I will stay home.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I have some claustrophobia and a little OCD. I'm also afraid of excessive speed and fear of falling. I won't ride a roller coaster.

I don't know if this is a phobia but I can't stand the sound of an old fashioned phone ring maybe because the ringing phone was associated with bad news or people I didn't want to talk to. This did include an elder in the early stage of my "fade". I now have a new number and a pleasant musical ring.

The only one of these I can blame on the religion is the OCD in the sense that it got worse while I was there but it's improved over time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit