What phobias do you have?

by stuckinarut2 36 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I can drive from west coast to the east coast if someone is in the car with me, but I can not drive a mile on the freeway alone. In 1971 I drove from California to Brownsville Texas through Mexico to Belize pulling a trailer, today my knuckle turn white when I drive two blocks to the store alone.

• waton
    waton

I freeze in terror now on ski lifts, near any open heights, but used to fly aerobatics when I with glee, was younger.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sharks. Will drown in a panic if someone yells shark while I am swimming.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Pheebs - punkofnice, I'm sure he was very nice postie and didn't bring bad news :smile:

No. I waited for Sunday morning ministry to do that.

Wasanelder Once
    Sharks. Will drown in a panic if someone yells shark while I am swimming.

Note to self. Don't go to the swimming baths where Wassy goes.

• flipper
    flipper
    I don't really have very many phobia's - but if I had to pick one it's definitely flying in an airplane or a jet. I've only flown two times in my entire life and I'm in my 50's. It's a phobia I'd like to get over as I have close friends and relatives who live like 7 hours drive and a 12 to 14 hour drive from me who I'd like to visit, as I know it would cut the trip down to what ? 1 or 2 hours flying if I flew ? Perhaps if I took just a short trip flying , it would rid me of that phobia somewhat. Anybody else have my phobia ? I have other friends who live about a 5 hour flight away as well I'd like to see
  • Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Flipper, Maybe you want to try Amtrak? I know it is not that fast. About 75-100 mph.

By the way, I don't have any phobias that I can think of.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FLIPPER:

I am also afraid of flying nowadays even though I have flown much in the past and have even been to Europe several times. I don't like what they are putting people through in the airports.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Must be something wrong with ol' FedUp...no phobias that I can think of.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I fear heights. I was never any good at climbing trees as a kid - I'd stop after the first or second branch.

Once, I was at Beachy Head and I walked right to the edge and looked down for about 5 seconds or so. I did it to try and conquer my fear but it hasn't worked - I'm still scared of heights!

I also have an aversion to eating seafood. Tuna is the only seafood I'll willingly eat.

Give me the most expensive, well-prepared seafood such as salmon or lobster and I won't touch it.

Now that I'm 99.99999r% certain there is no god or afterlife, I fear the moments before death - I understand what you're saying but the way I see it is this: we can't help death. Everyone will die. So, because I can't help it I don't worry about it.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Maybe not a phobia, but I've social anxiety. And I avoid talking on the phone. I also have anxiety in interacting with my father.

When I'm outside, I don't like lightning, but when I'm indoors I'm fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit