"Kingdom Rhapsody"...WTF???

by stuckinarut2 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dubfounded
    Dubfounded

This is typical of them!

they can’t just get together have a bit of music and a drink. (They could at my parties!) but if it’s a now discouraged “congregation” get together some self righteous prick always has to feel the need to do something along these lines.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

is that really a watchtower approved production--or is it really a skit made by a few ex dubs ?

i just cant get my head round the idea of genuine dubs having a bit of harmless fun.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

WHERE. WAS. THIS. PRESENTED?

WHEN?

It is FABULOUS! It proves the WTB&TS is decrepitating!

Let's hope they next work up a "translation" of Saturday Night Fever! Maybe "Saturday Field Service Fever"!

"Listen to the ground: there is preachin' all around

There is something goin' down and I can feel it

On the waves of the air, there's a meeting over there

It is somethin' we can share, we can feel it..."

They can re-do the rape scene into pedophilia; it would be VERY TASTEFUL - if you like that taste!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Who else remembers the 1980s District Convention talk that caused thousands of JW youths to have to go home that night and throw away their Led Zeppelin and Queen albums? I do! Supposedly if you play "Another on Bites the Dust" backwards you hear "Drink blood."

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

pretty pathetic.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Im not sure why these two comments tickled me so much.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It was a congregation approved performance in Colorado I believe. The youtube uploader is a genuine JW

Perhaps during the international convention time.

It is up there with the "Happy at Bethel" video that did the rounds a few years back.

• steve2
    steve2

Utter hypocrites using a song written by Freddie Mercury of Queen. Did they get permission to change the lyrics, perform the song and record it for YouTube? As for the loud whoops coming from the audience, only someone “in” on the lame joke would find this amusing. Embarrassing in that cheesy Christian kind of way. At least Cliff Richard can sing.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    like the painted backdrop.
    I feel sorry for all the stifled wannabe actors/actresses. This is their only chance to project their inner artistry and they have to cloak it in the guise of praising the kingdom.

DoFP I couldn’t agree more. There are some very talented people in this if it’s the one I remember. Heartbreaking. Probably the high point of their religious life.

Perhaps during the international convention time.

edit: yes Stucky it was “ hospitality”event at an international convention a few years back.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Steve2 asked, "Did they get permission to change the lyrics, perform the song and record it for YouTube?"

Under US law, parodies are NOT a violation of copyrights.

What kind of world would it be if we had to get permission to mock or otherwise imitate something?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit