"Kingdom Rhapsody"...WTF???

by stuckinarut2 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Looks like fun....too bad we were shown from the Bible how the end was too near to be spending time on such frivolities and that we shouldn't be drawing attention to ourselves instead of the serious message we were commissioned to preach. Anything other than what was organized by the Governing Body, was frowned upon and considered overstepping our place in the organization.

• compound complex
    compound complex

In its most general sense, a fair use is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and “transformative” purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work. Such uses can be done without permission from the copyright owner. In other words, fair use is a defense against a claim of copyright infringement. If your use qualifies as a fair use, then it would not be considered an infringement.

A parody is a work that ridicules another, usually well-known work, by imitating it in a comic way. Judges understand that, by its nature, parody demands some taking from the original work being parodied. Unlike other forms of fair use, a fairly extensive use of the original work is permitted in a parody in order to “conjure up” the original.

https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/fair-use/what-is-fair-use/

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

See also:

https://copyrightalliance.org/ca_faq_post/parody-considered-fair-use-satire-isnt/

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Under US law, parodies are NOT a violation of copyrights.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

First there was the flag flying scandal in Chile. Which at first I thought was apostate driven lies.

Then the phone waving thing at an assembly which more resembled a Pentecostal revival meeting.

And just when I thought Wt couldnt take it to the next level, I see this. Playing a song written and performed by a gay man. Wow just wow

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Ahahahahahaha....

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Damn, I thought JW Broadcasting was weird.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

I've seen bands playing live music at international conventions, musicals, dancing with the JW literature cart. JW's dressed in big cardboard cut outs displaying wt literature while dancing/singing. Little children acting out inappropriate bible stories (like the Delilah story). While it sounds fun and entertaining, it seems they are getting desperate with some of their ridiculous antics.

@Joe134cd I will be looking up the phone waving thing, sounds more like what people do at a 'worldly concert'.

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

The moron snowflakes are taking over and this is what you get. LMAO. When I was in my early 20s the society was putting out talks on backward masking and Queen was said from the platform to be a homosexual band that had messages back wards in their songs. Now its a skit on not so funny BS JW stage. LMAO

• Tobyjones262
    Tobyjones262

I have seen this type of thing [not a play like this] before. In that some congregations are much more liberal than other congregations. Some are old school and very very strict and others more open to letting others do their own thing. This would not fly in some KH. There may even be a letter sent to the KH to not let it happen again. Remember the KHs that had the baseball teems? They were told to knock it off.

• steve2
    steve2

Nathan - I agree parody and criticism are allowed provided it is "reasonable use" - yet if an ENTIRE published song - in contrast to an excerpt - is used and placed in the public domain copyright lawyers can send cease and desist letters to the "offenders".

Under copyright law, "reasonable use" has sometimes been decided by the Courts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit