Crisis of Conscience is being delivered to my door today. I can't wait

by Fognomore 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JeffT
    JeffT

Here's a few more to add to the reading list:

"The Kingdom of the Cults", and "Jehovah of the Watchtower" by Walter Martin

"The Four Major Cults" by Anthony Hoekema

"When Prophecy Fails" by Leon Festinger et al. This is an academic study of a UFO cult's failed prophecy and its effect on believers. Although not directly related to the Watchower it explains a lot about why believers stick with it.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I forgot to add. It's a lady, Deb Dykstra, who now has the copyrights to Raymond Franz' books.

She relates in her testimony that she intends to republish ''all'' of Raymond Franz' workings. She explains in her testimony that it was Cynthia Franz, when after Ray passed away, that Cynthia pleaded that Deborah sign-off on the copyrights to Rays workings in late 2013. Commentarypress.com

It is with much eager anticipation for maybe someday the republishing of 'In Search of Christian Freedom', the sequel to 'Crisis of Conscience'.

Yes. There is a reason the Borg doesn't want it's members to research the WT history.

• blondie
    blondie

I read COC just before I stopped going for the last and final time. I researched Ray Franz and found his address and phone number and called him telling how his book confirmed the things I had realized on my own. He and Cynthia invited us to stop on a Sunday for dinner on our way south. It was great to find out that they were very much still in love with each other, no negativism just empathy. and we stopped by twice a year after that and kept in contact through phone calls and e-mails until the day he died and Cynthia followed shortly afterwards.

I know Deb Dykstra and her late husband Dan and stopped and saw them on our travels. When Deb started on the copyright hurdle event, her husband was terminally ill, she was working full-time and trying to keep up on their bills, and dealing with her husband's death as well as helping Cynthia. On top of all this, her jw children would have nothing to do with her let alone Dan's jw children. I am so glad that she had the courage and strength to carry through on this and I hope she do the same with the second book. COC is the book for newbies to start on along with getting COC updated and printed. Don Cameron's because it is less a life story but more an in-depth of the shenanigans the WTS plays with their key doctrines.

Blondie

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great book, I wish you happy reading and I wish you well answering up about reading it.

• zeb
    zeb

So how is the reading going?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i bought CoC a few years back. i found it very hard going and frankly boring to start with--too much cut / paste chunks out of watchtower trash---it put me off and i nearly binned it.

but a chapter title about half way through caught my eye--so i started there and read it non stop to the end.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

CoC will not help anyone who isn't ready to hear the truth. You seem ready. Good luck and happy reading! Keep your chin up!

ttwsyf

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Let us know how things go once your wife senses your new found freedom Fognomore.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Excellent book. Raymond throughout bears no malice or hatred towards anyone. He relates candidly various events and phase he passed through. I found it fascinating, not always easy to understand at first bite, but having carefully read it twice, it makes sense. ISOC is heavy going but equally revealing and refreshingly written.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I enjoyed this book a lot. It was my first taste of "apostate" material. The ORg always wants us to believe apostates are unreasonable satanic crazy people. Ray could not have been more kind, gentle and reasonable in his writing style. I would have loved to meet him. Blondie that's so great you reached out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit