Big news today

by former2free 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And also encourage her to build up new friends and social activities. (Subtly of course)

Helping a loved one to meet genuine, caring "worldly" people helps to break the stigma.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The ARC has been more substantial then just about about anything else in modern times to reveal the internal corruption of the WT Society.

It is not just a Catholic problem it is also a JW problem as well as just about every other religion. But the JWs have turned their back on this. 1006 cases in the ARC and now escalating and none reported to the police.

Jesus said 'do not hinder the children from coming to me.'

The WT never references that scripture instead they want to point out that Jesus echoed the OT by declaring that you need two witnesses for any sin that is actionable. Child sexual abuse is a crime not just a sin!

• former2free
    former2free

She was just asking me about a new social group and I suggested activities for the kids so they can make friends and us as well. But what’s funny where we want to move to we have nonwitness friends already so we have a head start.

• AnonVet
    AnonVet

My spouse woke up about a year and a half ago. However, it was the fact that my spouse didn't have friends outside of the KH that made the transition difficult for my spouse.

I joined a Meetup group and found a few interesting activities and we went and made new friends instantly. Genuine, interesting, interested friends. We do all kinds of things with this new group. More than ever in JW-land. Pool parties, dinners, game nights, bar-hopping, everything.

I suggest you find a fun group on Meetup and it makes that transition so much easier for the both of you.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

Congratulations! We are in a similar situation my wife's on the right track just not quite there yet. Good luck!

• former2free
    former2free

Good luck IFT just keep on working with her and I’m sure she will eventually go all he way. Mines on that same track she just needs to see all the real crap this organization does she still doesn’t have a grasp of that yet.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    GioThe WT never references that scripture instead they want to point out that Jesus echoed the OT by declaring that you need two witnesses for any sin that is actionable. Child sexual abuse is a crime not just a sin!
    Jesus said 'do not hinder the children from coming to me.'

Such a beloved scripture yet its true they rarely mention it.

Because the truth is the Org is run at the highest levels by predominantly childless men who really place little value on children.

Perhaps @formertoFREE you could bring up this scripture and the impact the unloving Org had on victims of CSA??

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Great news, good job. Good luck.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Awesome good luck

• former2free
    former2free

She literally just told me she has no problem leaving however we want to she just worries about her purpose which I understand that’s the only thing that’s gonna take some time it’s a big step but as you all have mentioned baby steps and that’s what we will do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit