Big news today

by former2free 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• former2free
    former2free

For you who have read my bio you will know I have been working on my wife to wake her up. Now I won’t call her awake yet but through a series of long conversations this week I revealed to her my dissenting toward the jw faith. She was totally supportive of me assured me she would never think differently of me because of how I feel. I told her I’m gonna stop going to the meetings and service and she was supportive. The only thing she mentioned is that she may stil want to go occasionally and I supporter her decision but if I’m to be honest I don’t think she will go very often if at all. I hope that she uses this to fully wake up herself as I believe she is only partially awake.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

What wonderful news!!! So happy for you and her. Waking up can be a long process so your patience will go a long way in getting her and your family out of this destructive cult. We are here to support you both in any way we can.

Love, Mom

aka Reopened Mind

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Baby steps!

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

So happy for you. We will always have your best interest at heart and will help you in anyway we can. Love you son. Still Totally ADD aka Dad lol

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

So awesome. This is the third such story I've heard this week, all different but all having the PIMI person or persons be accepting and even listen. It's an interesting shift in some things. Good for everyone. Thanks for sharing. Like DOC said, baby steps. And when that baby takes its first steps it feels great.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I showed my pimi spouse the video on A&E about Remy Maple and helped to open her eyes about men running the org and how they hide men from the authorities. If you have cable, you can watch it on their web page. Slowly i hope to show her the videos about the australian royal commission later. Its gonna take a lot of patience. Good luck.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wonderful news and fantastic thread!

Tread carefully and slowly. Just be kind and supportive of her, and introduce fun activities into life to replace the JW routine.

Its a long game that is required. As tempting as it is to flood her with everything we know, small amounts are best!

Sending you love and support!!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Brilliant news, hope she makes it all the way out. Slowly, slowly is the answer.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My thoughts and good vibes are with you and your wife f2f hopefully you can both be on the same page together and out from under the control of 8 men in America,who dictate what beliefs Jehovah`s Witnesses have at any one time only to change that belief when their expectation / prophecy doesn`t materialize which necessitate`s the doctrine of "new light" that excuses their failed earlier expectations /evidently`s and predictions /prophecy`s .etc.

I wish you both well on your journey to TTATT .

Take care.

• former2free
    former2free

Thank you for your kind words everyone. I did drop the ARC on her yesterday but she didn’t seem to think it a big deal I do hope she watches it and then she will know. But she is an awesome woman and I do look forward to us breaking free totally together. And one other thing that’s gonna help is big time is we are gonna move away from her parents that are still in so that’ll make things easier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit