"Historical" Announcement This Week?

by headisspinning 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

My daughter asked if anyone has heard anything about a 'big announcement' being made sometime this week in congregations in Canada and possibly beyond... in her words "it's like a biggggg long thing, they cut out part of the book study for it and people heard it was a historical thing"...

Any ideas? Could it be the Mexican branch closing or the theme of the convention? Or something else? Thanks.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Could it be about the Special Convention taking place during July 2017 in Toronto, Canada?

This convention marks the 90th anniversary of Rutherford's landmark proclamation of Jehovah's 6th trumpet-like judgement in Toronto on Sunday 24 July 1924 at the 'Freedom for the Peoples' Convention as foretold in Revelation 9:12-21.

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5695993188188160/_post/6018766154498048

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

I bet you're right, Darkspilver. Thank you.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    This convention marks the 90th anniversary of Rutherford's landmark proclamation of Jehovah's 6th trumpet-like judgement. . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOTj88NoeYA

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In JW land special announcements usually means over hyped of nothing really that important.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

It will not be a big thing, I'm sure. The bOrg does not say anything that truly rocks the boat anymore. They want smooth sailing, so that the drones can coast forward.

Reminds me of when I went to an international convention in Montreal CA, maybe 15 years ago. There was going to be a big announcement made during the international convention. The hallways were buzzing with gossip, that maybe they were going to announce the preaching was over, or something truly historic.

Then the announcement came in the last day. Paraphrasing here, but it was something along the lines of: We as Jehovah Witnesses have made a resolution to continue serving Jehovah until the end of this system, regardless of any outside opposition. Clap! Clap! Clap!.

• Londo111
    Londo111

A 90th anniversary of a convention that was the 6th trumpet blast?

This reminds me of the line from Spaceballs, "I am your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate"

• sir82
    sir82

In JW-world, "special" means "utterly vapid and pointless".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

My daughter asked if anyone has heard anything about a 'big announcement'

In Watchtower World..

There`s always an Announcement about the Big Announcement,before the Big Announcement,is Announced..

The Big Announcement is always less interesting,than the Announcement about the Big Announcement..

Image result for Confused look

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Historical, or hysterical?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit