"Historical" Announcement This Week?

by headisspinning 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If something is pre-empted by "big announcement" buzz then it usually is something like

'We are going to change the toilet paper from three ply to two ply to cut costs so keep donating.'

The actual big announcements are buried deep in the middle of a study WT and nobody is awake enough to notice it slipped there.

• freddo
    freddo

"How happified and thrilled we are to receive ... "

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Big announcement ...... " Jehovah has just told us to stop publishing bullshit in his name so we are going to stop proclaiming that Armageddon is just around the corner and Jesus didn't take position of his heavenly throne in 1914.

These doctrines were created wholly by the past GB leaders of the Watchtower Corporation because they were focusing too much on trying to draw attention to the literature they published,

On behalf of all the GB members today we apologize for these mistakes but please keep sending us your money we still disparately need it.

• baker
    baker

I was listening to JT,s podcast recently on Critical Thinkers site and on one episode, he was talking about how the Watchtower in the next 5 years will be making a change in the Blood issue because of all the lawsuits. Now that would be historical if they did remove the ban on blood, and maybe a lot of witnesses would finally wake up.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

"I was listening to JT,s podcast recently on Critical Thinkers site and on one episode, he was talking about how the Watchtower in the next 5 years will be making a change in the Blood issue because of all the lawsuits. Now that would be historical if they did remove the ban on blood, and maybe a lot of witnesses would finally wake up."

If this were to happen, maybe they would have to pull up the WT article from 1998 about "Feelings of having suffered needlessly" and how the brothers who had to go to prison because of the alternative service ruling were told to be happy that they suffered even though the rule changed later. Maybe we should be happy that our loved ones died because of the blood ban because they were being faithful at the time even if the rule changed later.

That article from 1998 is what got me thinking...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Who in the F*** dislikes a comment by Sparrowdown?!?!?!!! I'm pretty laid back, but I WILL NOT tolerate that kind of behavior......

DD

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

The only word that JW's use more than "soon" is "special". Special meeting, special talk, special speaker, special announcement, blah blah blah.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

the announcement was the international assembly being held in Toronto. A governing body member and a helper will be present. All other regional assembly will be tied to Toronto when one of the "lords" speaks.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

OMG!!! One of the Gibbering Buddies and a Gibbering Buddy Helper?!?!?! Why can't I live in Canada??? 😩

DD

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

Hardly a historical announcement, disappointed it wasn't something worthy of the hype, maybe they will announce a change of the toilet paper ply during the talks ha....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit