JW's are S.O.B's

by James Mixon 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

As an American I understand many of our faults but I also understand what is unique and good about American civilization.

Rich people live well everywhere. But what distinguishes America is that it provides an impressively high standard of living for the “common man.”

Being a self made successful person in America is easier because their are more opportunities and social mobility.

The ordinary life of supporting a family is highly valued in the United States.

Americans are socially more equal than in many other countries.

America has gone further then most countries in establishing equality of rights.

No other country expended more blood and lives to get rid of slavery.

How come in America, warring groups in their home countries, are able to live in peace with one another? Two simple reasons; Separation of government and religion. No religion counts more then another. Secondly No religion or race has special rights. Only individuals have rights.

"Americans and Europeans alike sometimes forget how unique is the United States of America. No other nation has been built upon an idea, the idea of liberty." Margaret Thatcher's 1991 words perfectly reflect the essence of American exceptionalism: that uniquely among the countries of the world, the United States was founded not on bonds of blood or race or religion or tribe, but on the ideals of freedom, equality, and self-government.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/what-makes-america-great/article/2007818

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I always felt terrible because I was a vet, Vietnam...

• shadow
    shadow

Native Americans should be especially proud!

• shadow
    shadow

America is a plutocracy and many of the lower classes love it and defend it. Genius!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

As always, averagejo, when people want to knock America i say to you: if you dont like it here find somehwere better. We dont need or want you. And if you live elsewhere then by all means stay and enjoy.

• Moster
    Moster

Doubting Bro

I am with you on this standing if you already are, lunacy. Does God really care if you stood moments before to go to the bathroom and remain standing? I believe that it is a sign of respect. Nothing more. You are right. Us born-ins always found a way to not be in our seats at that moment so we did not look like asshats sitting there while the other 90000 people were standing. I now stand, respectfully albeit it silently.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

What president? We don't have a president in my country. Why do people post on this board as if only Americans are listening? Open your eyes, there are other countries in the world. I despair of the US I really do.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

It's ironic that all the things that most posters on this thread applaud America for, are the very things that are being abused and protested against by the sincerest of players in football. Even the reviling of the President, for their lawfully given right to protest is in honor of those who fought and died to protect such action. Nope, protest is not meant to be popular. They have succeeded and Comrade Trump has been called out on his strongman tactics. Down with the Orange person in the White House. Can't wait to hear either congress or the voters quote him, "You're Fired!"

• John Davis
    John Davis

As the Washington Post highlights what Justice Jackson wrote. Many scholars view Jackson as one of the finest authors of Supreme Court Decisions in its history. It is truly eloquent, it was written for a JW case but it transcends that and goes to the heart of American and Democratic freedom.

“If there is any fixed star in our constitutional constellation, it is that no official, high or petty, can prescribe what shall be orthodox in politics, nationalism, religion, or other matters of opinion, or force citizens to confess by word or act their faith therein.”

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

James Mixon, welcome home. Thank you for your service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit