Yeah, my parents plan to will everything to this parasitic organization and forsake their seed

by Phaedra 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Phaedra
    Phaedra

Yeah, they'll leave it all, their home, savings, etc.

Never mind helping out their struggling children who never had a chance.

Fuck this organization and everything it stands for when its members think God will favor them more by willing everything to a corporation instead of their own struggling seed.

• Splash
    Splash

Pr 13:22 The good person leaves an inheritance to his grandchildren.

Sorry to hear how indoctrinated your parents are.

• flipper
    flipper
    PHAEDRA- I'm so sorry to hear this is happening to you. I worry as well about how much of my older JW's parents money the WT Society will end up getting. We are here for you, go through similar anxious moments. Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • Half banana
    Half banana

How can people subscribe to a religion which places the commercial interests of the leadership above the welfare of the followers and their families?

We're with you Phaedra.

• Dagney
    Dagney

As usual the WTBS picks and chooses the scriptures the want to beat the flock with. It is the scriptural counsel to provide inheritance to your own family.

I'm sorry Phaedra. It awful. My mother did the same, thinking she was doing something wonderful. It's so frustrating.

We hear you Phaedra.

• whathappened
    whathappened
    I have the opposite problem. My only child, my daughter, is still stuck in and I hate the idea of her donating one penny of my hard earned money she will inherit to the cult. It makes me angry every time I think of it.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They might well be ill or debilitated for years befor dying. Is the org goung to care for them?

• Listener
    Listener
    This makes me angry because the organization is guilty of promoting this idea. I don't remember reading one word in the publications advising parents that before giving to them they need to seriously consider their own family needs ahead of their own, which is a biblical responsibility.
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain

@ - Phaedra - That SUXS, so sorry to hear that. If you dont mind me asking, how do you know this? Did they come right out and actually tell you this?

One thing your parents may not be considering, is the fact that the WTS will NOT take care of THEM in their elderly/infirmed later years. Its easy for your parents to say this, while they are healthy and able to care for themselves, but as we get older and older, our bodys most of the time do NOT cooperate with us.

Sometimes, older parents need to be put in nursing homes, or may need EXPENSIVE home care. They also, most of the time, NEED this care to be orchestrated, and or actually administered by their children, YOU.

If they own a home, for instance,or have bank accounts, and the house and accounts are in their names, the nursing home WILL be entitles to these things, as payment for care. Also, even if the house is put in YOUR name, it takes 5 YEARS before it is considered YOURS. This law prevents someone switching a home into their childrens name, as soon as they get sick. It must be done in preparation, BEFORE, and it takes 5 years for it to become "legitimate".

Maybe you could tell them this, so that they make YOU the executor of the estate. Tell them you are doing this for THEIR sake, so that you will have the RESOURCES to care for them as their health fails. If they "will" things to the WTS, which is a corporation that WILL NOT help take care of them in their "twilight years", they could very well be giving their money to a "worldly" nursing home anyway. Also, maybe without coming out and saying it exactly, but you could "imply" that YOU will NOT be able to help them, because you would not have the financial means to do so.

If they make YOU the executor of the estate, you can guarantee that you will use the estate/money to care for them, and if they did that you probably would WANT to help them. If they didnt, well, you get the point, lol.

Present it to them under the guise of looking out for THEM, and wanting to be able to help them in later years, which the WTS will NOT.

My JW parents, who are in their early 70's, have put their mortgage free, $900,000 dollar, 2 family home in a borough of NYC, home, in MY name 2 years ago. They did this in anticipation of the future. If and when they get older, and need care, a nursing home will NOT have access to their home. They also, have put ALL their bank accounts in mine, and my sisters names, too, and for the same reasons.

My parents KNOW that my sister and i, WILL make sure they are taken care of in their twilight years. They have shown that they are "looking out" for me, and I will be "looking out" for THEM.

• dbq407
    dbq407
    That is sickening to hear they are planning on giving it all to the society. My grandma has donated to them for the last 40 years and now that she is in a nursing home, they haven't given her a dollar to help her out, they leave that up to the family or the state, just like they always have and always will do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit