I saw a JW Elder at X-Men 2 Movie this weekend!!

by WingCommander 42 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I nearly fell off my seat. This 30ish JW elder came strolling in the movie theater with his wife and a huge tub of pop corn in his arm to watch X-Men 2: XMEN United. I couldn't believe the hypocrasy.........they teach not to even watch much TV, much less go to a movie. This guy is a prick as well, the only reason he is an elder, is because his daddy was an elder, and he has a lifetime of ass-kissing practice under his belt. To be quite honest, he is a total dufos, and a complete dumbass. He is not a person to go to for ANYTHING!! lol. Also, everyone knows not to go tell this elder anything, because if you tell him, then within 2 weeks the whole congregation knows your problems.

I was with my fiance. I couldn't believe it. Just stroll on in, and watch the "Satanic", violent, wicked, "demon inspired" film. No big deal. I was never allowed to go to movies as a child. I never stepped foot inside a theater until I was 16 years old, and was on my own. Can you believe that? But it's ok for Elders to go do whatever. Pfffhhhhtt!!!

These people are such hypocrates, and so full of $hit that one can barely breathe around them. My only wish, was that I had one of those pocket cameras so I could take a picture to show everyone......maybe mail it anonymously to the other elders, the CO, and the WatchTower Headquarters.....so I could whine and complain like a little baby about how one of their leaders in the "flock" was setting a bad example. After all, you just know that is what they would do to you!!

Wing Commander :)

• Descender
    Descender

Not that I'm trying to stand up for the elders or anything, I like to catch them in wrong doing whenever I can. But unless there was something mentioned about X-Men at the meetings, like the Harry Potter movie, then seeing a PG-13 movie probably wouldn't be considered wrong, at most, just a conscience matter.

Sounds like you grew up in a congregation of hard-assed geezers that felt like inflicting their own rules on the congregation. I was a witness while growing up, and while the congregation I was in was far from perfect, they went basicaly by society rules and I went to plenty of movies with my witness friends when I was young.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Watching an action movie on characters with mystical powers, sexual promiscuity (just check out Rebecca Romjn Stamos outfit as Mystique), and gratuitious violence?

DEFINITELY a Watchtower no-no.

It has been my experience that elders are some of the biggest hypocrites. They engage in the "Do as we say, and not as we do" mentality.

In 1995, a friend and I snuck into the R-rated movie Waiting to Exhale. Who happened to be sitting two rows in front of us laughing and enjoying the film? None other than my friend's father who was an elder, along with his wife, and another elder and his wife from our congregation. They preach from the platform not to engage in unwholesome activities and R-rated films, when they themselves are sitting in the theatre watching it and apparently enjoying every minute of it.

HYPOCRITES.

I HATE Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

WC

Rest assured, that elders will be going to hell.

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I'm with descender on this one. Most elders I know will go see PG-13 movies. I only know of a few that won't. I was kind of thankful that some elders watched PG-13 movies, because then I could use that as an argument for me being able to watch them. If anyone ever gave me flack, I could just say, "well elder so and so sees PG-13 movies, so they must be ok".

I guess I should be thankful that I grew up in the hall ( actually, a few different halls ) that I did. As long as you stayed away from R rated films, you were ok!

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

What's with some outraged responses? I say, COOL, be thankful he's not a Holier than Thou Pioneer sister that is so self righteous and uptight.

I know many pioneer sisters that dont even own a television. thinking it is a sin.

Men seem more laid back. Encourage that elder! Who knows.....

HE MIGHT BE ONE STEP CLOSER TO TOTALLY REBELLING!!

• shamus
    shamus

HEAVY DEAMO MAN!

Did you tell him that he was going to burn at armageddon???

• simplesally
    simplesally

It would not be the fact that it was rated PG-13, but if you saw X-men or read the comic books, the supposition is that X-men are mutants, they say they EVOLVED. Note the beginning of the movie and the end. Subject matter of the different movies is supposed to matter to them, which is why Harry Potter, although not an R movie, is banned.

• DIM
    DIM

I think you guys are pulling at strings here, nobody in the society has come out and said anything against either the first X-Men or its sequel. In fact, when I was an active JW I saw the first X-Men w/ my mom (a regular pioneer) and my dad (a ministerial servant). you guys need to get a life. your negativity and picking apart things is worse than the people in the cult!

• rocketman
    rocketman

X2 is hardly objectionable, I doubt many jws would object to it (though I do know of one family that sees PG movies only).

I also know of one local elder who did not watch Star Trek, saying it was "too violent". But at least he did not object to others' watching it. He seemed to like Seinfeld though. I guess the "master of my domain" episode did not offend him enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit