Street witnessing to Christmas Shoppers Yesterday

by snugglebunny 16 Replies latest jw friends

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Well, OK, but targeting a German Christmas market seems a little hypocritical..

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant
    Bristol?
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    They are hanging out by the post office in my town. I had to mail my Christmas packages and they held the door for me as my arms were full. I was late for an appointment or I would have talked to them. It's seems sort of sneaky, as usually there is a Salvation Army bell ringer there, some people might think they are collecting for actual charitible work, not to fund a real estate corporation. The Salvation Army actually helps people, it's a much better use of charitable contributions.
  • freddo
    freddo

@Thomas Covenant

I googled "Bristol German Christmas Market"

Looks like it is indeed Bristol, England.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Ironic when you think the WTS usually puts out something against Christmas in December.

Christmas is paganism you filthy heathens.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Their so pathetic just standing there, Jonah is rolling over in his grave. I mean the world is coming to an end 7 billion people are going to die and that's the best they can do just stand their with a piece of trash in their hand.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Crazy guy, that is not a bit crazy. You make all kinds of sense in two sentences.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Hypocrisy, in Dub land. Never!!
  • steve2
    steve2

I am old enough to remember when we offered householders the opportunity to purchase Awake and Watchtower gift subscriptions for others throughout December.

Yes, a blatant attempt to 'cash in' on naive householders' festive spirit - and we knew it. We soothed our prickled consciences by telling ourselves that the literature would make it clear Christmas was not for Christians. Sheesh. What hypocrites we were - and all under the direction of the Kingdom Ministry. That was back in the day when subscriptions were sold - sorry, 'placed' - for a set price.

Anyone else remember those days? 1960s.

They stopped that particular galling subscription campaign only when suscriptions to the magazines went out of vogue.

• Dagney
    Dagney

SAdly, they are so out of touch that they don't realize every year the media posts articles about the origins of Xmas, etc. And the History Channel...shows are devoted to it, every year. They are stuck in their own superior arrogance with a dash of martyr to think they are delivering some special, important holiday information,

I stood on that soapbox my own self, not understanding why people would deliberately "choose" to celebrate something based on falsehoods/paganism...whatever. But I get it now. It's just a reason to celebrate. Humans enjoy the celebrations, the carving out a period of time for traditions, foods, and enjoying it with others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit