Email from JW relative/elder

by Lynnie 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

Guys....are you still falling for this?

"JTrottigy" is not the JW talk guy.

Sheesh...I thought we settled this months ago.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Trotters, are you SURE you don’t shun?

• johnamos
  • truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

"Word on the streets is that I am 'Inactive'. That's not true. I am taking a permanent sabbatical I am a 'Retired Publisher of the Good News'."

• Ding
    Ding

"We love you but it's all your fault."

• HoodwinkedToo
    HoodwinkedToo

@truth_b_known

"Retired Publisher" - what a little gem, thank you for that! I shall be using that! ;-)

• Giordano
    Giordano

"In a religious context, shunning is a formal decision by a denomination or a congregation to cease interaction with an individual or a group, and follows a particular set of rules."

The JW's are indeed coerced by the WTBTS and their Elders to shun JW Family and or close friends under the threat of being shunned themselves if they don't shun.

Being coerced to do something a person would be reluctant to do is a crime of duress.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WTF? Do they not have a dictionary handy to look up “shunning”??

DD

• sickandtired
    sickandtired

We’re not shunning but do exactly as we say or we won’t talk to you 🙄

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

JW's ability to reason and think critically has never been great.

It has gotten worse because of the jw org website.

Years ago, I used to be impressed by older brothers that could pull their bible out at the door of a householder and recall, look up and explain how the gentile times are calculated. Obviously, now I realise it is BS, but it was impressive at the time.

Now, they hide behind jworg. If you have a question, they send a link to an article on jworg that may or may not answer your questions. As far as they are concerned, they have done their job.

If you don't agree, then they are not expected to spend any more time helping you, which means, they don't think about it anymore themselves.

Their deeply held, personal convictions are whatever jworg says this week.

Friendship with them is based on you having the same beliefs. This is such an arrogant basis for a friendship.

They are essentially saying, we (i) are always right about everything, therefore if you don't agree, we can't be friends and I can't talk to you. Also, it's all your fault.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit