Email from JW relative/elder

by Lynnie 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lynnie
    Lynnie
    As much as I enjoy you and Pete's company, you also know our understanding of how much we want you to be reunited with Jehovah and his people.

We did not set the standards for what Jehovah says about our associations with those who choose to not serve him. So we will always be there for you and Pete, but it is in your hands as to how we can enjoy your friendship.

I know the word on the street is that we are "shunning" - that is not our term, nor is it kind.
    We don't take our relationship with you as our cousin lightly. We care about you. But you are the one who can open that door of association by returning to Jehovah. It's our prayer that you do this Lynn. You are a very dear relation of ours.

Your cousin,

WOW the double speak is strong with one. I love the fact that "shunning" is not their word so they don't do it. Nice to rewrite the dictionary and everything else. This cousin however has a normal relationship with his sister who was a JW but has been "inactive" for 50 years, celebrates all the worldly holidays etc. but somehow it's totally okay for him to have association with her. Hmmmm

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

We did not set the standards for what Jehovah says about our associations

Correct the bible states that faithful loyal ones to Jehovah are to abstain from associating with apostates (evil) ones or false prophets, so in an effort to remain faithful and loyal to Jehovah and his son Jesus Christ and to remain righteous in the eyes of god one should not associate with JWs for they are scripturaly identified as false prophet apostates.

• carla
    carla

Why is it not 'kind' to say they shun? it's the truth, neither kind or not, simply a fact. jw's like to redefine words they don't like. Like the word 'lie'.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

WTF does not our term or is it kind even mean? More BS from kool aid drinkers

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This e-mail just sounds like a typical reiteration of we are with Jehovah among his chosen people, therefore that makes us righteous in his eyes and able to survive Armageddon when it comes, you are not, so this gives the right to demean you for are own sanctification.

Religion is very much a psychological game of power and control, as well fear, ignorance, superstition and self serving sustainable corruption.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

Yeah the double speak is just amazing! And the fact that he says that "shunning" isn't their word is really something too. So that means the word doesn't exist? These are people that just spent a month in Israel preaching to who? I don't know. Where the great are needed so they go.

• JTrottigy
    JTrottigy

I know the word on the street is that we are "shunning" - that is not our term

That is because we do not "shun" anyone. We prove that by our ministry to "people of all tribes and nations" to help them accept the Word of God and gain life everlasting. We simply avoid unnecessary contact with those who choose to leave Jehovah and his wonderful loving organization for a cold unloving world. The fact that we do not shun is also shown by the number of non-Jehovah's Witness members that we allow to view and even sometimes join the web site I am a moderator of...JW Talk.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@jtrottigy

Are you fully aware this is an apostate site..most members are mentally diseased apostates...and you shouldnt even be visiting here?

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

F him.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TROTTIGY:

Sorry to disagree with you but the Jehovah’s Witnesses DO shun. They just don’t call it by that name. They just “ignore”, “avoid”, “refuse to talk to”, “don’t invite”, “pretend they don’t see”, etc.

This behavior is emotional blackmail and manipulation to coerce people to do what they want..Didn’t work on me because fortunately I had no family there.

Why do Witnesses have to be so dishonest when they are confronted about their behavior and practices?..Denying it doesn’t make what they are or what they DO less unpleasant.

I am out many years so you could say I “shun” them..Besides I don’t want them paying any attention to me at this point since they would only be looking for money!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit