Another HUGE Building Project

by pontoon 21 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another nice waste of money. Those who donated for this waste could have paid down some of their bills with it instead, or could have bought something nice with the money. For instance, donating 25 US toilet papers per month cost the equivalent of buying one ounce of physical silver per month. Just 2 years of this means not being able to get enough silver to survive the coming collapse--stacking just 25 ounces of silver could mean life and death.

Or, they could have bought a few nice pieces of clothing, or a small library of vintage-'80s or '90s movies, or a few hundred purchased downloaded songs, or a few really nice dining chairs, or whatever else they wanted, instead of 2 years of donations. And just to think how much preparation food they could have bought instead of this waste.

And, since this money now gives them negative value, I expect them to reap bad money luck during this financial crash. Before long into it, they will be totally wiped out of resources--and whatever material things they chance to have will be lost, stolen, or ruined (through, perhaps, a minor disaster such as local floods or fire). And they will lack the means to replace any of it--all because of spending money on things that ultimately gave them negative value. I think they would have been better off going to the movies or getting a few video games with the money--at least they would not be instructing their souls to destroy all their remaining material things.

As for me, I refuse to donate so much as a penny to this abomination. I did not donate to that abomination at 90 Sands Street; I will not donate to this either.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I think they're aiming to create their own Christian Watchtower television channel 24 hours etc multiple languages for which dubbies will pay subscription. Also they will out-source work for profit. Either by renting their equipment to worldlies, or making video/film for worldlies to order by selling the labour of dubs working at Ramapo.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I must ask, they still have Patterson and walkill right?

The prepper comment about hoarding silver made me think of the Oneida community. Fascinating story about a cult that evolved into a silverware factory. Great read: Without Sin, life and death of the Oneida Community.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Another huge building project as the ''apparent' 'end' is near and evident.

• pontoon
    pontoon

They are flush with money. Can't spend it fast enough. The bigger more expensive project it is the more likely to be approved. So it goes.....

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I think they’re also renovating Patterson, making it into a museum.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

My two cents for what it is worth: Yes, with the US government printing Trillions of dollars and currently experiencing the easily foreseeable consequences of historical inflation of 8-9 percent that feels like an actual 29-36 percent inflation. Despite the democrats' new economic theory where they fantasized about the ability to spend whatever they wanted with no consequences we have what we have with real consequences of historical inflation.

Question: With a medium-to-hard recession/depression coming who would benefit from working at Bethel or one of these construction sites over the coming years? The workers. Volunteers would have a roof over their heads, heating, food, health care, dental care, and even haircuts, all provided for no cost to them. (unless they get too expensive and they are sent home). They get several hundred bucks a month plus reimbursed for fuel to go to meetings, and discounted auto insurance. etc.

Obviously, the drawbacks are no contributions to Social Security, retirement, or pension funds, but for the moment and next few years they will be taken care of. I'm not apologetic for the WTBTS, but I have family that still work there and they took the vow of poverty, I didn't. With the vow of poverty, I guess that means they have a heated room and food. That's more than what many homeless people have.

Something else to think about, with more entertainment going to digital "green screen", even animation, perhaps the property, building, and equipment could be sold to Disney which owns Pixar, and other entertainment profitable businesses.

Feedback, please.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

This Ramapo deal could be the last grasp for the Borg. The Borg as we knew it before the internet age is over. Without this Ramapo thing, the Borg is done.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    S.Mallozi Something else to think about, with more entertainment going to digital "green screen", even animation, perhaps the property, building, and equipment could be sold to Disney which owns Pixar, and other entertainment profitable businesses.
    Feedback, please.

Well I don't know how much that kind of equipment depreciates, but at least the buildings/studios should keep their worth? Certainly going to be more inflation proof than savings in the bank for watchtower, which is loosing value by the week.

As to the workers, I see your point but it would depend how skilled their jobs would be. For example if you're just doing basic manual or admin work it's probably no more beneficial to a dub than it's ever been to be exploited by Watchtower. However with all this new equipment and as they go into production etc, some lucky dubs may gets to train on the job and/or have watchtower pay for it. They could come out of this highly experienced with very marketable, in-demand and up-to-the-minute skills!!

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

Beth sarim. I agree. If watchtower stays with old meeting in khs and all half dead meetings, they are over with. Only way they can keep young people's interest is with a major focus on online video activity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit