JW.ORG Needs Lawyers

by Vanderhoven7 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Send lawyers, guns and money.

I remember as a child asking my parents, wouldn't it make sense for JW's to go to college, that way you could have talent, lawyers, doctors, engineers, etc., that were born in the faith rather than converts? I was told, no, born in are the lucky ones, we get to be paupers and preach, when God needs talent, he'll import it. One of those things that just made no sense to me.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I’d heard second-hand that one “worldly” law firm the WTS had on retainer would just tell the Org what they wanted to hear, and bill them, whilst doing next to nothing for it.

Eventually Org reps figured it out and dropped ‘em.

😁

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

A good lawyer in Canada or US starts at around at least $200/hr. That could be a modest guestimation

Anyhow,,,that could be the constant pandering/guilting for money.

Maddening

• LV101
    LV101
    Big hitter law firms aren't cheap ($200/hr for young, inexperienced paralegal!!) and I'm sure they're paying serious bucks for their A-Teams -- qualified lawyers in a big metropolitan city like NY will likely be $1,000 an hour or more. No reputable, secular, law firm, is going to risk being sued by a money-hungry cult, for malpractice due to schlock work and tarnish their reputation and do nothing for them. Perhaps the 'uneducated' ruling powers didn't quite understand what retainers cover. Hope they get turned down by the great ones (won't happen), need more secular firms than ever and wither on the vine begging for more in-house slaves.
  • blondie
    blondie

Yes, the WTS ;might have finally realized they needed lawyers, trained specifically in certain disciples, tax, especially lawyers trained in handling child abuse cases. Could not trust jw lawyers to keep the details secret I assume. No cheap labor any more. Also, the WTS started using outside construction firms for their buildings because shoddy work and dangers in safety.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The WT society has always been its worst enemy.

Knocking education all the time and they turn around and realize they need "educated" lawyers.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I can’t help but wonder if word’s getting out that…

a) …the WTS has deep pockets and is really anxious to avoid trials, and…

b) …as clients go, they’re gettin’ kinda toxic.

😏

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I go with a)

The WT Borg Society has really deep pockets on the backs of naieve, donating victims and tax free.

And will go to any length possible to avoid legal entanglements by hiring expensive legal firms

To avoid "legal issues" is first and foremost all the time

What other way would there be? Hmm

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

You better get a lawyer, son!

"b) …as clients go, they’re gettin’ kinda toxic."

Is there there such a thing as a legal firm that is too moral to take on certain cases??

• pepperheart2
    pepperheart2

the mormon cult have donated $35 million to the world food programme a united nations charity but they do belive in education of course as they even have their own universitys

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit