Mr. Dropoff goes to Warwick!

by dropoffyourkeylee 63 Replies latest social entertainment

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

St George of England: I wonder how many at the meeting will look at the Interlinear?

More than they would've a couple of years ago?

It's on the JW app so you can compare the verses side-by-side.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Also, unlike Brooklyn, there is no formal area in which visitors can come to dine: There is a room on the main floor with a few tables and chairs where--wait for it--visitors can bring in their own food and beverages! There is NO provision for it, like it was in Brooklyn (or at Walkill, etc.). In fact, on a trip I went on sometime ago, the R&F transported the catered food and drink on the vehicles they drove!

The Bethel Family members can come in to greet and have small talk with any visitors/tourists, but they were not able to sit and dine with them. I was informed that only those persons from the outside who do eat with the members of the Family have to be reserved in advanced (i.e., a sister who is engaged to a brother and the like).

All in all, it seems as if the GB doesn't want Bethelites to have real friendly connections with the R&F. On the other hand, the GB has "provided" in the lobby, at all four corners, ATMs for donations--these do not give anyone back any money;these just take it, as damn usual.

Ah, Warwitch--JWs Disneyland!

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

One thing that struck me was was the drab, institutional appearance of the buildings at Warwick. Besides gray, I don’t think they have any colors on the exterior. Admittedly, winter in that area is bare and drab anyway, but the Warwick campus is especially dull.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

You missed the opportunity to have a photo of yourself with Caleb and Sofia! 😜

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Actually, we did get a family photo with Caleb and Sophia, but my still-in daughter and son-in-law are in it and I didn't want to post it here. Another thing that I saw that I didn't get a photo of was the 'watchtower'. Yep, they have a watchtower there, an observation tower that you can go up and get a view of the entire campus and surrounding hills. It's not on the regular tour, but if you know someone there they can take you up it.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Wow those pictures of the segregated assemblies! (I thought at first some of them were white and it was a mixed group, but I'm guessing they are the grandchildren of slave owners) it's hypocritical not to admit that segregation occured among Witnesses.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

" singing praises to Jehovah has always been important in true worship, and to the bible students it meant nothing less."

Hang on, can anyone confirm... didn't they BAN singing( hymns) for a while? Or am I imagining things?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Diog, you are correct, there was no singing or music for a number of years under Rutherford. Knorr brought it back very soon afterwards. The display at Warwick doesn’t mention that.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

No insight on the Bethelites accommodation

or dining area ?

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

We saw one room where a couple lived. Looked like a large suite hotel room. Nothing remarkable, pleasant enough I guess. Didn’t see any dining area. The food for lunch and dinner is prepared and the bethelites go get it and take it to their rooms to eat. I think breakfast is the only meal served in a dining area, and some of the bethelites eat breakfast in their rooms too and watch the morning worship on tv.

The experience of visiting bethel ( and living there) is very different than it used to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit