When JW.org drops 607BCE...

by Nathan Natas 138 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Probably EVERYONE else thought of this long ago, but I, being an "independent thunker" thunk of it just a coupla weeks ago.

We all know that since the year zero (on the FredFranzian calendar) the WTB&TS has defied archaeology and insisted that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE, even though the physical evidence shows that 587 BCE is a more likely date. In fact, the book "The Gentile Times Reconsidered: Have Jehovah's Witnesses Been Wrong All Along About 607 BCE?" by Carl Olof Jonsson and Rud Persson made this conversation public.

It is a difference of 20 years. If the WTB&TS drops their adherence to 607 BCE, then the "Bible-based arithmetic" moves the "critical" year 1914 forward 20 years, to 1934, which is exactly what the rumor mills are saying will happen. Now we know why the date 1934 will gain prominence: the WTB&TS will announce "new light" declaring that crackpot Freddy Franz was wrong and the archeologists were right after all.

But you knew that...

• Bribie
    Bribie

Anything substantial that is coming out of these rumour mills Nathan that you can share?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

This would be a massive blow worse then 1975 where a milliion left the org.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Not just Archaeology, but a study of the Babylonian Astronomical Tablets establish without doubt that 587 BCE, (or possibly 586 but that is doubtful) IS the date that King Neb. destroyed Jerusalem.

The Stars do not lie ! Confirmed by NASA too.

2034 is vey close, they may give themselves more time by dropping the laughable, and verging on the insane, Eisegetical interpretation of " Daniel " altogether, and just concentrating on "We must be well in to the End Times", "because of the Signs of The Times", again a mad, and ignorant, interpretation of Scripture,but much beloved by Evangelical Christians and others.

The Albatross around their neck of 1914 will be dropped....eventually.

The more pressing thing in their effort to become a bit more mainstream is the Blood Doctrine, they may put that first on their To Do List.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

But removing 607 BCE affects 1914 and then 1919 when the GB self appoint themselves.

They can't adjust this without adjusting when they were self appointed.

607 really is a cornerstone where you remove that thread the whole tapestry comes apart.

I think they will stick with 607/1914 as long as they possible can.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Without the 607BCE date the Borg clings to uphold their 1914 narrative,,,, this I believe is the cornerstone of Borg theology

Because without that ,,, Christ could not have been empowered to inspect the religions and chosen the IBSA in 1919.

I know,,I know.

The Borg is notorious for moving goalposts & making things up as they go along. Therefore,,,,I am with you as nothing would surprise me either anymore.

Because,,,its evident and factual that Jerusalem was destroyed by the Babylonians in 587/586 BCE. Obliterating the Borgs 607 & 1914 theology.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

By dropping the 607BCE date,, the Borg paints itself into another corner.

One of the corners it has done over the years.

If they do, they can never get out of it. By scrapping the 607BCE 1914 doctrine.

And the entire building collapses.

You never know though.

• Gorb
    Gorb

The local witness overhere have absolute no idea what 607 is.

There is no knowledge of this kind of doctrine. They live their live, visit the congregation but don"t study anymore.

So, 607 has for the Western world jw's no relevance.

G.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Witness 007: This would be a massive blow worse then 1975 where a milliion left the org

With respect, no. Difference being that dates and chronology mattered to the bulk of JW's in the 70s. Not anymore. As Gorb said it's just a lifestyle movement now.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

What happens: anyone who remembers it well, and talks about it, will be considered mentally diseased because they got off of "Jehovah's Chariot"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit