Re: the woman parking attendants and real life

by carla 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I saw the video where it said sisters can used to assist the attendants and it seemed to be in the context of helping disabled females and children out of cars when they arrive at the convention. They have always used female "attendants" in "Mothers and Babies" dep (I was one) with a brother "overseeing" from outside (bizarre!) apparently because women can't be left alone to feed and change their own babies.

And yes, I knew many couples where the hubbie was indifferent to congregation privileges and appointments but was pushed forward by a very ambitious wife.

• Spiral
    Spiral

JWs (sisters) used to tell me when a sister's unbelieving mate became a JW (seldom) the sister was DTR (down the road) -- done! ~LV101

I've seen this happen twice.

OK, I hate to be dense but what exactly do you mean by DTR and done.....

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Oh, I remember when I was a child, women would regularly conduct field service and say prayer for the weekday service group. It was always the Presiding Overseer's wife. But she had to sit to do it, to show her lowly stature, because you know, standing is a privilege from Jehovah.

And if there was a young baptized male present, she had to wear a napkin on her head because ... napkins honor God.

He preferred Dairy Queen.

• LV101
    LV101

Spiral -- sorry -- DTR (down the road) -- the sister was out the door/quit being a JW when her unbelieving husband joined the JW ranks she was done/finished -- she no longer wanted to be a JW.

• LV101
    LV101

Wild_Thing -- "Dairy Queen" napkins?! LOL/that's funny/oh my!

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Yeah, they did it for years with the fast food napkins. Then, a circuit overseer came for their visit and found out about it, and told them it was disrespectful and they needed better head coverings. So, the PO's wife went to garage sales and bought a bought of silky scarves to keep at the KH. The lowly women were safe from Jehovah's wrath, once again! Phew! It was a close one! Thankfully, Armageddon did not come during the "paper napkin years". Those things are quite flammable!

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Wild_Thing: "So, the PO's wife went to garage sales and bought a bought of silky scarves to keep at the KH."

But what about demons?!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Women can do anything in the borg-------as long as they wear a "head covering"!

just saying!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

There is far too many non-penis-equipped people expressing opinions here on this thread!

It must stop now! Or Jehovah will get very upset you know! !

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Oops, sorry brother @stuckinarut2. I've just reached for the nearest used serviette and plopped it on my head now. I hope Jehovah can find humility in this as the barbecue sauce trickles down my forehead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit