The Saddest Thing About Tony Morris's Removal

by NotFormer 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I heard he underwent a forced medical procedure before he was ousted - he had his anecdotes removed as a precaution.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

What makes you think he had no friends? GB members are feted everywhere they went and likely has many people who know and would sympathise with him.

If the assertion is true that he was a hardliner dead-set against change, there are no shortage of old-timers whom he could confide in about how he fought tooth and nail against the new beard policy for example. He strikes me as someone with a huge mouth and would love to shoot it off within selected company.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    there are no shortage of old-timers whom he could confide in about how he fought tooth and nail against the new beard policy for example. He strikes me as someone with a huge mouth and would love to shoot it off within selected company.

Let's hope he "confides" in someone because we all know how well "Confidentiality" works in WT World. If Tony spills his guts, Atlantis/Grandpa will know soon.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

They not his friends. They his "brothers" wink wink . His loving brother's 😉

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    On Bottlegate and embarrassing the WTS, I didn't realise how long ago that was. It was at least five years ago; I was under the impression that it was more recent, and therefore some sort of smoking gun regarding Tony's removal/retirement. That he was some sort of conservative holdout and needed to make way for fresh blood makes more sense now, especially with the recent changes.

That bottle gate thing was blown waaay out of proportion by certain...ahem...regressive activists😉 Talk about speculation, he could have been buying that for any number of reasons. A wedding, (his wedding anniversary party was my guess), a business meeting....witnesses can and do drink, after all.

I think he wouldn't agree to recent changes and either DA'd in anger and was made to sign a gagging order in return for a home etc Or the GB are more decent than we thought and did so out of pity.

I do think Not Former's comment stands that he'd be quite friendless since I'm pretty sure he's not attending meetings (or we'd know by now?) or at least pretty isolated... especially if he's the sociable type (which I'm sure he is). Witnesses are very status-driven, after all and may be a bit leary around him now.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

I’ve said it before, and will say it again - one hell of a lot of commentary, with precious little in the way of facts to work off.

(I.e. Those bloody inconvenient details known as “facts”).

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RIVERGANG:

Yes, there are many threads on this topic but we have only a few facts.

From what I can see: he was announced as no longer being a GB. It didn’t say whether he was removed or stepped down; many of his videos were subsequently removed by the religion; and he is also rumored to be living in a house owned by the religion.

I think what stands out to me are the videos being removed. Why did they do this? This would imply disgrace. It can’t be ‘good’.

The big question here that some have asked: IS he attending meetings anywhere? If it can be proven he is not, possibly he is inactive (at the very least) and can’t possibly be in ‘good standing’ OR he is very physically ill and cannot attend.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

By putting this up for discussion, I have learned things that I was initially unaware of. I've modified some of my underlying assumptions accordingly. At the end of the day the facts are few and far between, and speculation is all that's available. I wouldn't make the same opening statement as I did at the start of this thread now, because we've had some robust discussion about what little is known regarding this case.

Diogenesister, it was when you brought that up earlier that I realised that the whole Bottlegate thing was probably more heat than light. And then found out how long ago it was.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Which is why I didn’t think it was all that sad.

😉

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit