The Saddest Thing About Tony Morris's Removal

by NotFormer 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    TonusOH - “…I'm impressed that they've kept it under wraps this long.”

Yup, credit where credit’s due.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

BluesBrother, until the facts are known, speculation is all there is to go on. If his withdrawal was voluntary and under reasonably peaceful circumstances, then my heartbreaking scenario of a bloke betrayed by his mates is speculation in the wrong direction.

markweatherill, Tonus suggested a more amicable split; perhaps the stalemate was solved peacefully. That two thirds majority thing has been a hindrance to them ever since it was implemented. I believe Ray Franz said that the blood doctrine would have been abandoned decades ago if a simple majority rule had been in place.

TonusOH, most speculation I've read up to this point has been about a hostile ousting. A more reasonable mutual agreement might explain why they have been able to keep the lid on everything. If nobody was seriously damaged, then there are no axes to grind, and no dirt to spread.

Vidiot, that two thirds majority again. 🙄 Could they ever relax the blood doctrine, if Tony Morris was one of those who kept voting for it? Or is it so entrenched, and the lawyers so against removing it (and thereby exposing them to more litigation), that it's here to stay until the 'Tower falls?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The tower falls?

Heres the beyond ironic thing

Over the decades the borg has smugly perpetuated the fall of false religion,,fall of false religion!!!

What if the borg fell before all the religions that the Borg has claimed as 'false' through the decades?

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Beth Sarim, I've been thinking lately about Rutherford's era, and how he was setting up a government that would outlast the world's governments. He died early in 1942, so he didn't even live to see the end of Hitler's government.

The 'Tower has survived in one form or another for over a century. But will it see the next century?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

We are talking about a mult billions $$$ tax free corporation here.

Its always had the methods and avenues to reinvent itself.

Moving forward,, I expect similar strategies of the borg to carry on its survival.

Its been successful at doing this over,,,I cant see the borg disappearing.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I'm sure Tony has a story or two to tell. But has been forced silent.

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

When bottlegate broke everyone was talking about it. Some elderly sisters were saying it’s not him, it looks like him but there is no way a member of the GB would buy that much expensive whiskey.

They couldn’t kick him out straight after that or it would be obvious. Their strategy to wait and hope people forget has often worked in the past.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, the individual members of the GB want to go with the majority, That is how "unanimous" decisions are reached. Much like BOEs, while some may not vote the same, to be united those elders must change and agree with the majority. The individual GB members has seen how it goes if the minority does not support the majority. The WTS/GB as a whole comes before any individual. (reporting not supporting) Rule: Individuals must not embarrass the WTS.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

On Bottlegate and embarrassing the WTS, I didn't realise how long ago that was. It was at least five years ago; I was under the impression that it was more recent, and therefore some sort of smoking gun regarding Tony's removal/retirement. That he was some sort of conservative holdout and needed to make way for fresh blood makes more sense now, especially with the recent changes.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Just wondering:

Does he go to the meetings at all?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit