The disappointed look on a Jehovah's Witness face - that you're living a good and fulfilling life

by jambon1 32 Replies latest jw friends

• cha ching
    cha ching
    I like that analysis TMT: "its like they are trying to play a video game on a non-existent level" !!!!!
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is because they are regularly told that those who "leave Jehovah" will come to grief and make a mess of their lives. Since they do not associate with such ones , they believe it .

NB There is a video on JW.Borg "The Prodigal Returns- Interviews" . It discusses the making of a vid of that title and the lessons it teaches. About 5 mins in it describes how that video drama shows the subject losing all his good habits , becoming a loser and eventually crawling back to his family. That....they are told is the inevitable result of quitting "The Truth" ......

http://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODMovies/pub-ivpro_2_VIDEO

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The disappointed look on a Jehovah's Witness face - that you're living a good and fulfilling life

.............Image result for businessman crying in rain.............Image result for Vacation on beach

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

my son was d/f about 6 years ago. i had lost all contact with him since he was a child---thanks watchtower.

now he has a lovely wife--and a beautiful baby boy

a lovely house which they had remodelled last year

great job--with all the perks including a mercedes.

lots of friends.

oh--and me.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

My wife and I have stopped attending. Since than, my wife is doing great in college and getting involved with the community, my kids are doing great in school and other activities, and I am doing very good at work. We are starting to do better financially, we look healthier and we have time to help people around us.

I know, from the limited contact I have with other JWs, that they are baffled by this.

Great Post Jambon1. I am bookmarking this thread.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What about all the people who are JWS that are adulterers , pedophiles, murderers, child beaters, business crooks, tax evaders. and the poorly educated elders who emulate the social moral standards of a civilization that existed 3000 years ago ?

Not to mention the pressing guilt for not doing more in service to the WTS. publishing house.

The overwhelming oppression to self inquiry such as education and creating relationships outside of the organization. etc.

The list is long why JWS do not live a good life, but conveniently covered over by a pretentiously enforced and regulated smile.

• TipsyMangoTea
    TipsyMangoTea
    Thanks, cha ching, at least for me, it helps to look at Witnesses like that and then everything turns into a weird reality TV show that you unwillingly star in.
  • antes8080
    antes8080
    Agree, this one of the best I have read on this forum.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    About 3 years ago i pulled up to a kh on my then....brand new harley...., and yes.....everyone looked disappointed!!😂😂😂😂
  • macys
    macys
    Great post! I agree with 100%. I remember when I was a young JDub and we heard that someone who left "the truth" screwed up their life everyone was happy. We were celebrating their demise. How loving is that? Typical JDub hypocrisy you do no realize until you are free from the mind control!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit