...and so it begins

by Phoebe 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I've had an email from a sister who tells me that out in field service this morning a long standing route call has told them she won't be taking any more magazines and doesn't want them calling on her again because she has heard about the JWs child abuse scandals and cover ups. She was quite angry with them and said your elders say there is nothing wrong but there is and it will all come out.

This is the first time anyone I know of has been challenged on the doorstep and they were absolutely shocked and also angry. Angry that the organization is not preparing them for dealing with this and for not being honest with the brothers about what is going on ie: lawsuits etc.

Just thought I'd share that with you.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I believe this is going to happen more and more. JW's do not have a good reputation right now and it's getting worse. There will come a point that either WT will stop the door to door and cart witnessing due to cart crashing or just plain anger at the witnesses. Most of the JW's I know do not like confrontation and are ill prepared for the hard questions that are going to come their way. Karma is coming for WT. Great news!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Most of the JW's I know do not like confrontation and are ill prepared for the hard questions that are going to come their way.

The instructions from "Mother" will be to "shake the dust off your feet". (Matt 10:14) The persecution as a result of lies and false accusations (JW "false news" anyone?) from Satan's cohorts is increasing just as Jesus said it would.

Hopefully though there will be much "planting of seeds" as JWs are broadsided by these reports and hopefully they will go home, close the blinds, dim the lights, and sit down to Google.

And that my friends, is how it starts. . . . . one domino is all it takes for it all to fall.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Thanks Phoebe for sharing that! That's great to hear. Maybe just maybe it'll get some to start doubting when this happens to them at the door or cart witnessing.

• Alive!
    Alive!

That's interesting to read Phoebe.

The child abuse issues will not convince 'the sea of unbelievers' that 'God is truly with you people' - the way the JW organisation appeared and handled questioning at the ARC (and I watched every live-streaming video from Australia) will alienate décent people who are 'interested' but not yet 'invested'.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Only "thinking" witnesses will respond with curiosity to such a confronting of their beloved organization. The rest will accept such responses as the interference of the Devil. ( when you are persecuted. A little warped don't you think? )

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"It's all apostate driven lies" S Lett.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Some of the Truth about the Truth that's getting out these days is the WTS. hiding and intentionally concealing acts of pedophilia within its own organization.

Sure the WTs has come out and made the suggestion and promotion of protecting children from sexual abuse but the WTS still uses its two witness rule/policy and wont make any notice to local law authorities about a situation unless they have to by law, which means they will conceal the matter for their own sake of protecting its public image.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

A little update to this tonight is that the sister has emailed me again to say they are very upset and would like further information from me about child abuse scandals.For example they were looking for Stephen Lett saying 'it's all apostate lies' on the broadcast but couldn't find it.

I have to tread very carefully but I think I can trust her, she isn't the type that is totally controlled by the WT (for example she still talks to her DA daughter and takes no notice of what the org say on that)

There is a chink of hope here that they might wake up.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The ARC investigation is on YouTube and the Candice Conti case as well.

The WTS instigated a cover up much like the Catholic religion with the intent of protecting their own public image in spite of the fact that pedophilia is a serious crime in most countries.

The ARC investigation revealed over 1000 cases or situations of pedophilia which the WTS didn't report to local law authorities in Australia..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit