How to avoid getting disfellowshipped for having a wordly girlfriend?

by cookiemaster 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• backformore
    backformore

I was in your position a few times back when I was younger (41 now).

My advice to you? Tell them to fuck off.

Seriously, I went through it a few times trying to be PIMO with a worldly girlfriend. It isn't worth it. When I say it wasn't worth it, I mean trying to be PIMO. Every single girl was totally worth it. There were a few who were really great human beings, ESPECIALLY the one I've been married to for over 20 years now. She's worth more than all my family and friends (JW or not) combined and more.

Don't hang all your JW stuff on her, that's too much. You need to be in a mental state where that stuff doesn't even matter or you're putting more on her than she deserves (been there, done that).

As for your parents being around their grandkids, they're an amazing tool in getting your parents to accept you and your loved ones. Those eventual kids are yours, not theirs. You have the power there. If they want to be in your children's lives, they have to be so on your terms. As your kids get older, they'll understand and appreciate you even more for that stuff (again, speaking from experience).

• backformore
    backformore
    Also, when I say married for 20+ years, don't take that as me claiming any kind of relationship authority or anything. That's just a testament to marrying an amazingly patient and understanding woman. That's all I can say for being together for so long.
  • cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Thank so much backformore! Thanks for the encouragement and all the kind advice. Clearly, playing by JW rules will only bring me misery as I become more bitter from being deprived of a normal relationship. I've decided to say no more. Fuck what the JWs will think!

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

Also, congratulations for your marriage. Must be amazing. I hope to have that kind of relationship as well.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@ cookiemaster has anyone told you --your avatar looks like a womans baby-making kit ?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

It's prophetic.

• LV101
    LV101

Just do your thing, cookiemaster, and enjoy blowing their minds. Life's too short to worry about cults and their crazy.

• backformore
    backformore

Hey cookiemaster, your post has made me so happy!!! Even if everything goes to absolute crap with your lady friend, one touch, one kiss from someone as great as her is worth soooooo much more than anything you will ever get from the JW's.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LV101 - "...she told them she's too depressed -- her mom said, 'we're all depressed'..."

Jeezus, lady, you ever wonder why???

• LV101
    LV101

I KNOW! Prozac nation of planet earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit