Is the door to door preaching work not the primary focus anymore?

by pistolpete 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Loesch is giving numbers that are hard to believe!........ he talks about meeting attendance, the ministry, (how its increased during Covid) and Memorial attendance

LOL----how did the ministry increase if for over a year world wide Governments around the world instituted LAW that prevented ANYONE----INCLUDING THE JWS TO GO DOOR TO DOOR IN THEIR MINISTRY?????

Only TRUE IDIOTS WOULD BELIEVE lunatic Loesch!

• asp59
    asp59

We all know whats coming. New light on the door to door work. Its an overlapping door preaching light no one gonna understand 😁

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    he talks about meeting attendance, the ministry, (how its increased during Covid)

Not hard to believe at all.

In my earlier post I talked about how judging others based on what they appear to be doing is the very essence, the very soul of being a JW.

Meeting attendance is another easy marker for judgment. If "Person X" attends 98% of the meetings while "Person Y" attends only 75%, "Person X is automatically, fully, undoubtedly, without hesitation, more "spiritual" than "Person Y". Full stop. The end. Reasons for attending / not attending are less than irrelevant. Attending meetings = "being spiritual".

It has never been easier - literally - never, in 140+ years - to appear "spiritual" by attending Zoom meetings. Sign on, wave hello to everyone, turn your camera off, go watch TV & drink beer for 2 hours, while the little black screen with your name on it remains on the Zoom meeting, and it looks like, as far as everyone else can tell, you are sitting on the edge of your seat, eagerly hanging on every word dribbling from Elder Blowhard's mouth.

Easily, week after week, meeting after meeting, 60, 70, 80% of the attendees have their screens off the entire meeting. For the past 18 months.

In circumstances like that - it looks like you are attending the meeting, but no one can tell if you're watching "The Walking Dead", or scrolling thru Twitter, or snorting a line of coke - of course "meeting attendance" is going to skyrocket.

You get free "spirituality points" just for the 2 minutes effort it takes to sign onto the meeting, then leave.

I would be shocked if "meeting attendance" were less than 150% of pre-pandemic levels, given the situation I just described.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    how did the ministry increase

Again - very easy to believe.

As I noted earlier, "hours" is probably the most significant "spirituality marker" in use - more hours, more spiritual, full stop, the end, nothing more to it.

It has never been easier - in 140+ years - to get your "hours" in.

Sign onto your Zoom field service meeting, gossip with your friends about Brother Goober and Sister Rotund, drink your coffee, wear your shorts & flip-flops (no one sees below your shoulders on Zoom), every 10-15 minutes write a line or 2 of a letter, then back to gossip, coffee, oh, time for a donut break....

Add to that the elimination (until further notice) of any hour requirement for pioneers....

Well of course there's going to be record numbers of "pioneers" and "hours" and whatnot.

• waton
    waton
    They start very slowly making small implications of change-

pp : and gaslighting the hapless "domestics" in the process. example in your quotation:“

"The irresistible conclusion therefore is that Jesus referred to the new creation [the anointed] when he said: “This generation shall not pass until all these things be fulfilled.” This then would be a strong indication that some members of the new creation will be on the earth at the time of Armageddon.”" Watchtower 1927 Feb 15 p.62 bold added.

pp: Jesus words really mean that armageddon will have passed, be over, when the wt anointed should die. “The tribulation will be a greater disaster then the Flood, mentioned in the context, , and it will have passed be history, so Armageddon is part of the tribulation! .so:

the current wt doctrine, preached, via letter, phone or h2h, is a false prophecy, the generation will not die at the onset of the tribulation, but after.

in other words, the second fulfillment idea is totally wrong. because of the above and

can not be the wicked generation, they die at armageddon

can not be The "great crowd of Other Sheep" because they will never "pass away".

• asp59
    asp59

I think they play with the counting. Say family of five. 1 goes always to KH, the other stay at home. Now with zoom and everyone at home, they count the five family members.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    I think they play with the counting.

Of course!

You're supposed to put the number attending after your name, so when others view you on Zoom, they see something like:

Bonehead Family (5)

....to indicate 5 members of the family are "attending".

Of course, the 3 kids are all playing video games, dad's watching pre-season football and mom's posting pictures on Instagram. But "5 attending", right.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

There were quiet (albeit rare) rumblings that the Org wanted to dial back the D2D work for a while now, for a handful of reasons.

The way I see it, Covid just gave them a pretext.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    There were quiet (albeit rare) rumblings that the Org wanted to dial back the D2D work for a while now, for a handful of reasons.

Like a lot of what goes on in the JW world without it's members being aware of, I'm guessing there have been many scary or even deadly encounters that have occurred in the door to door activity, especially for the sisters.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

The door to door ministry presents a huge problem for the Watchtower. It means Witnesses will be exposed to scandals the Watchtower wants to hide from Witnesses. Every door taken by a Witness presents an opportunity for an informed householder to bring up a scandal or ask a Witness a question about something the Watchtower wishes to remain hidden.

I think the best question to ask a Witness is "Can you prove your belief?" The answer given these days would be "Go to JW.org for the answer." To which I would reply, "So you cannot prove your own belief. You simply believe whatever the Watchtower tells you. That doesn't make the belief true. It just means you accept without question."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit