Is the door to door preaching work not the primary focus anymore?

by pistolpete 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Some territories have been completely covered by letters now. So what’s the plan? To send out repeated letters to the same unresponsive people?

One strange religious letter, most people probably considered a harmless curiosity. Some feedback I heard from a few people thought it was a nice touch during the lockdown.

But after more than one letter, some people will probably get irritated, or even concerned. Especially when the rest of society is returning to normal.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I think perhaps people are making a lot of this article. What it says is nothing that has not been said before, occasionally.

This is however a frank admission that in the Western developed world there is very little response to the house to house work. So are they going to stop? No , I don’t think so they make it clear that :-

“If we endure in our ministry, we will gain everlasting life. “

That is a pretty strong motivation for the dubs. They live on the promise of paradise!

I bet that whenever Covid is deemed past , there will be articles stressing that the sheep are there to be gathered in

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

Pistol pete, i know some sisters that would be upset for your rendition of the scriptures, it’s true though the large army has become large women!

Well, the bible prophesied this would happen

(Psalm 68:11) . . .Jehovah gives the command; The women proclaiming the good news are an army of large women.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Just to clarify:

I don't think "the ministry" will ever end. It is far too important for JW hierarchy. It is a practically perfect form of "busy work" that provides an easy to understand numerical representation to measure someone's "spirituality". In WT-world, a person who accomplishes "70 hours" is, by definition, always, without exception, considered more spiritual than someone who accomplishes only "20 hours". The 20-hour guy is, without exception, viewed as "more spiritual" than the 5 hour publisher, etc. The lowest of the low are the "inactive", the 0-hour guys.

Measuring "how spiritual" someone is, and using that as the basis for judgements, rewards, praise, granting of "privileges", etc. is the fundamental core, the soul, of what being a JW is.

So I don't think "the ministry" will end.

What I do anticipate is a great shift in emphasis, away from door to door, and more toward carts, letters, and telephoning. I think it i quite possible, perhaps even probable, that nearly all JW "ministry" will be something other than door to door, save for a few uber-zealous guys, and the ones who live out in the boonies where there is just no place to reasonably place a "literature" cart.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Pistol pete, i know some sisters that would be upset for your rendition of the scriptures, it’s true though the large army has become large women!

I was wondering how long it would take for some sharp fellow to catch it"

You won the prize Want2Leave

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I've checked multiple translations and none of those say they are "large women"! The NWT (at Psalms 68:11) says "The women proclaiming the good news are a large army." It is there army that is said to be large, not the individual women.

• waton
    waton

it is an army made up of largely women, disobeying the "Lord's command" mentioned in verse 37 of 1 Cro, 14. , the rest of that chapter

.If the 'no time requirement for pioneers' is true, ( instead of the 100, 150 h/p/m of the past,) it is a setup for establishing a female hierarchie, leadership in the congregation. the battle is on.

The service demonstration on zoom have been featuring the same 2 texts for what must be 6 month now.

1)satan is the ruler of the world, 2) the deity can not be tempted by evil. how boring can you get?

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

I've checked multiple translations and none of those say they are "large women"! The NWT (at Psalms 68:11) says "The women proclaiming the good news are a large army." It is there army that is said to be large, not the individual women.

It was a Jest DJW

See the above reply to----- Want2Leave

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

This is what I am proposing regarding the articles (New Light) in the WT Study article and in the coming future WT study articles regarding the preaching work of door to door.

The Watchtower has revealed their cards on how they change major doctrine by the way they have handled Changes in main doctrinal matters in the past.

They start very slowly making small implications of change---until finally the COMPLETE CHANGE IN DOCTRINE reaches----Crescendo.

For example, this is how the Generation Doctrine changed over time and the indications that they take their sweet time in spilling the beans, so to speak. Usually it takes YEARS for complete change.

But the difference this time is the Pandemic that has forced them to stop the Door to Door preaching altogether----- PLUS all the Child sex abuse exposure on the internet and the New Media.

897 -– A group of contemporary people

"“Other uses of this Greek word (genea) prove that it is not used with the significance of race, but in reference to people living contemporaneously.... In other words, the signs mentioned will occur within a generation - epoch in the close of the age.”" – Studies in the Scriptures Vol 4 pp.602,603

1927 –- The anointed

“"The irresistible conclusion therefore is that Jesus referred to the new creation [the anointed] when he said: “This generation shall not pass until all these things be fulfilled.” This then would be a strong indication that some members of the new creation will be on the earth at the time of Armageddon.”" Watchtower 1927 Feb 15 p.62

1951 -– A fixed period of time from 1914 applied to worldly people

"The actual meaning of these words is, beyond question, that which takes a “generation” in the ordinary sense, as at Mark 8:12 and Acts 13:36, or for those who are living at the given period. So it was on “this generation” that the accumulated judgments were to fall. (Matt. 23:36) This therefore means that from 1914 a generation shall not pass till all is fulfilled, and amidst a great time of trouble." Watchtower 1951 Jul 1 p.404

1995 -– A group of contemporary worldly people

"Jesus was not departing from his established use of the term “this generation,” which he consistently applied to the contemporary masses with their “blind guides” who together made up the Jewish nation. ... Jesus refers principally to contemporary people of a certain historical period, with their identifying characteristics."” Watchtower 1995 Nov 1 pp.14,20

2008 –- The anointed

"As a class, these anointed ones make up the modern-day "generation" of contemporaries that will not pass away "until all these things occur." This suggests that some who are Christ's anointed brothers will still be alive on earth when the foretold great tribulation begins." Watchtower 2008 Feb 15 p.24

2010 –- A fixed period from 1914 applied to the anointed

"He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation." Watchtower 2010 April 15 p.10

THE OVERLAPPING GENERATION WAS BEING CREATED.

The September 2015 JW Broadcast on tv.jw.org explained that the generation included any anointed that met Frederick William Franz, as he was born and baptised prior to 1914.

No doubt at this moment they have no concrete plans to abruptly STOP THE DOOR TO DOOR IMMEDIATELY.

They are probably formulating a PLAN B, to eventually stop the door to door forever and replace it with other safer methods of recruiting members, like cart witnessing and letter writing.

There are to many “WOKE” PEOPLE who will question the Jws on apostate information and the Child abuse problem-----thus leading to a bigger exodus from the organization.

Eliminating Door to Door would prevent this.

Plus reducing the need for members to gather together in large groups will lessen the possibility of more pedophiles taking advantage of the JW environment to abuse more kids, leading to more lawsuits which is KILLING THE CORPORATION’S MONIES.

So I expect them to at least TRY to re-institute the Door to Door preaching after the Pandemic, to at least get some indication of where they are headed as far a keeping the organization a float.

But I believe the plans to discard the Door to Door work is in the WORKINGS.

Maybe they are already also planning on limiting the meetings, to a one day a week----SUNDAY TALK and Watchtower Study

They HAVE TO GO MAINSTREAM and STREAMING, if they want to survive.

THEY REALLY HAVE NO CHOICE!

• IWant2Leave
    IWant2Leave

Governing Body Update #7 is out and Loesch is giving numbers that are hard to believe! I only watched a couple of minutes, he talks about meeting attendance, the ministry, (how its increased during Covid) and Memorial attendance

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit